1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion Regional Section - How about it??

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by FreeFun4Every1, Feb 23, 2013.

?

Do you think this section can be helpful??

1. Yes - of course

100.0%
  2. No - It's totally useless

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Hello DP members,
    We had so many sections like Marketing, Business, The Digital Point and many more and sub-forums in that but I just got any idea about new section that is Regional Section.

Q) What is this Regional Section?
    A) In this section we can have 11 sub forums. 10 sub-forum top 10 Countries based on traffic or number of registered user in forum (of course Shawn have stats of all this) and 11th sub-forum of Rest of World.
    In this sub forums people of this that region create thread of their city or state and they could meet other member of forum of same region from this section and thread and can arrange meeting(or come together) to meet other forum members in real life to discuss the ideas and strategy of internet marketing and may be possible many of them start business in partnership. I know very well we already have partnership forum in BST section https://forums.digitalpoint.com/forums/partnerships.119/ which is very useful but as per human mentality people trust on other more if they meet physically not only virtually. So overall it will become helpful to establish local business network for forum members. Also for guest (As Guest vs Registered Members ration is 10:1 so we need to think once about them) it will become useful if they are looking to hire anyone from local and want to make local deal only.

each topic and suggestion have pro's and con's so it's my request to all of you please vote and reply your opinion in thread because this is my personal view so wants to know what other thinks about it?

@Shawn - I know very well you care much more about the resources used by the server and I really don't have any idea about how much resources this section will eat but you can just think once about it.

FreeFun4Every1, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Splitting forums up by region isn't something that's going to happen. If DP members start meeting in person, could have a "Meetups" section, but not one for every region.

digitalpoint, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  3. FreeFun4Every1

FreeFun4Every1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    hmm.. Meetups section will also good let's see what other people thinks about it :)

FreeFun4Every1, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  4. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It seems like a lot of people lie about their location (well, I can't say for sure that they do now, but they did before), so I'm not sure it would work out well.

Anyway, geographic location doesn't matter most of the time. If I hire someone to do graphics, I just care about their ability, honesty and reliability. If it's a high dollar deal, then Escrow is always worth using, I guess. Cheaper than meeting up, perhaps.

Maybe a filter on the services section for location, but unless true location is used, people can just lie.

ryan_uk, Feb 24, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 likes this.
  5. BusinessMaker

BusinessMaker Member

Best Answers:
    @FreeFun4Every1- I think you have pretty nice ideas,probably some of them can be used. I love when I see that people share some good ideas how to forum works better and not just complaining about bugs (most of bugs are because of them not forum)
    @Digital Point- I'm voting for ''Meetups'' section. I think this can be good idea for many,many reasons. First of all this is something that will attract more people to come because they can make partnerships. I know about ''Partnerships'' in BST section but to post thread in that section you need ''3 likes''. So it will be much easier for people to meet and make good business.

BusinessMaker, Feb 24, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 likes this.