1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Regarding to Content publishing policy

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by jg_abad, Dec 29, 2008.

Hello,
    can we publish articles of news which are published on other authority news sites?

if yes than what short of things we have to taken care of..
    - should we put their link ?
    - any other stuff ?

thanks in advance

jg_abad, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  2. kiteguy123

kiteguy123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have to get their permission first. Just because they're an authority group or a big company doesn't mean they won't come after you. All content is copyright to them, so unless they specifically say you can use it, you would be breaking laws by publishing it.

kiteguy123, Dec 29, 2008 IP
    jg_abad likes this.
  3. jg_abad

jg_abad Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for your reply, i am planning to send an email to get approval from such authority sites.

thanks

jg_abad, Dec 29, 2008 IP
    kiteguy123 likes this.
  4. kiteguy123

kiteguy123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When you send the email, just keep in mind that they probably take a lot of time or spend a lot of money on the content, so they're unlikely to just give it away. You need to think to yourself what you can give them back in return, this way your offer will sound more appealing and they'll get something back. Remember that this isn't charity, it's business, so if they are going to give you something (content in this case) they will want some form of compensation.

kiteguy123, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  5. enrico1999

enrico1999 Peon

Best Answers:
    Could be fair use if you include and/or invite commentary. In that case, you would not need permission. You always have to cite and link to the source.

enrico1999, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  6. jg_abad

jg_abad Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely, i will offer back links from my reputed site where i am going to publish the news. they will get traffic of course..
    thanks for the reply

Yes, thats true but still it is better to get permission in prior to publish copyright content.

jg_abad, Dec 29, 2008 IP