1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Regarding google Adsense and Analytics for my website

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by arunmaniaswin, Jan 20, 2016.

Hi everyone,
    I have a website named http://commentpics.in/ where my analytics report users is 77,301, pageviews 336,816, pageviews 3.68 , bounce rate 25.11% average session duration 00:01:49, and my adsence earnings is like 100 $ permonth on an average for past one month, and my my friends are saying for the visitors i am getting i could earn like 250- 300 $ per month . Can anyone please help me how can i improve my website , or which part i should improve.

Regards,
    Arun

arunmaniaswin, Jan 20, 2016 IP
  2. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    wallpaper site usually get low cpc,.. good luck with that...

robyries, Jan 27, 2016 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @robyries has it right that image gallery type sites are usually pretty poor performers for advertising revenue; given the nature of your site I'm a bit surprised your intake is as high as it is.

I think you should probably try and link in to more than just pinterest, getting people to share directly on other media. Shares with linkbacks means more traffic, even if not search related. You should at minimum have a FB share link on every one of your images, maybe G+ and Twitter as well. I personally don't use the last one because I'm incapable of posting under their tweet size limit.

That said, I do think some changes could benefit you in terms of traffic and retention -- more buns in seats, and those same buns coming back more frequently means more chances at conversions.

That big banner image area at the top? NOT CONTENT. If it's not content on a image delivery site, GET RID OF IT. The sooner you get people to your image categories the better off you'll be.

That fancy "tall glyph" webfont? compromises legibility and increases the time the page takes to "first-load", so I'd get rid of that too. They may seem "bland" but the default system font stacks like arial,helvetica,sans-serif or "segoe ui","lucida grande",sans-serif tend to work best in terms of legibility -- if people have trouble focusing on or reading your category texts, they won't dig deeper into the site. Also your fancy fonts detract attention from the images -- and since those content images are the "meat" of your site, that's what should be front and center.

When your text wraps the line-heights are too short, that looks unprofessional and gives the site kind of a "fly-by-night" feel. The inconsistent padding and spacing around those images also makes it look a bit too "slapped together" lacking fit/trim/polish.

Your repeating the same text over and over and over and over and over and over again in the menu is quite likely getting your results slapped down by search. You simply aren't ranking as high as you could and that's a likely contributor to that. If you say "comment pic" fifty times in the menu alone, care to guess which two words the search engines are going to think you are "stuffing" and refuse to rank you on?

It seems to be loading fairly fast here given it's size, 5.3 seconds for a empty cache first-load; but that could be I'm either geographically close to your hosting, or that it's 3AM EST here. Given that it's 2.2 megabytes in 49 files, a 30 second average during peak traffic hours wouldn't be at all unusual -- and that's actually a problem!

You can tell a LOT of it is just plain scripttardery, and the back-end being thrown together any old way. Traditionally images are the go-to for blaming slow load times on, but you're loading 21 image files in 973k -- BIG, but not unreasonable for a gallery. What is unreasonable is that you've got 1.18 MEGABYTES of javascript spanning 18 files! That's NUTS. Particularly on a site that from what I'm seeing has no reason to even have scripting on it apart from your ads. (which I'm actually not seeing here since I use an adblock)

you're knee deep in "framework hell" on the scripting -- Angular, jquery -- and to be frank you aren't doing anything that should have ANY of that from what I'm seeing. When you have more scripting than you do images on a GALLERY website, there's something horribly wrong.

Popping the bonnet, the problem becomes apparent; Turdpress and all the "I cans haz intarnets" HTML that goes with it. Static scripting in the markup, scripting doing CSS' job, endless pointless DIV for nothing, gibberish use of numbered headings, overstuffed and useless TITLE tag contents, incomplete and broken markup, no media targets for the stylesheets, endless pointless moronic classes... No surprise it's 36.67k of whitespace stripped (aka minified) markup to deliver 15 content images and not even 2k of plaintext. Easily three to five times the code needed for such a simple page... and that's just the home page.

See the traditional turdpress asshattery of:
    <ul id=menu-menu-1 class=menu><li id=menu-item-82 class="menu-item menu-item-type-custom menu-item-object-custom current-menu-item current_page_item menu-item-home menu-item-has-children menu-item-82"><a href=http://commentpics.in/>Home</a> <ul class=sub-menu> <li id=menu-item-17379 class="menu-item menu-item-type-custom menu-item-object-custom menu-item-17379">
    Code (markup):
    Where if you don't know what's wrong with that, you shouldn't have a website.

As so often happens when people try to shoe-horn already poorly written blogging platforms into being something they were NEVER meant to be, you've got a bloated, broken, inaccessible mess that I'd honestly suggest pitching in the trash and starting over. For what you are doing, off the shelf solutions will only delude you into thinking you can have a successful website... blowing tons of smoke up your backside and actively preventing you from reaching the full potential your site could have.

deathshadow, Jan 28, 2016 IP