1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Regarding Backordering domains

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by yragcom1, Nov 8, 2005.

I saw a domain that I placed a back order on last week with Goddaddy. How effective is backordering in terms of actually landing that particular domain? It just expired yesterday, and now has a parking page on it. I know that I have to wait until it clears, but what are my chances of actually getting it?

Should I have waited until it reached "available" status?

I'm new to all this, so sorry if this is a dumb question.

yragcom1, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  2. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've gotten every domain I have ever backordered (4). I always wait until it's already expired then backorder it. Takes a few months for it to go through all it's stages like redemption period, pending delete, etc.

GeorgeB., Nov 8, 2005 IP
  3. l234244

l234244 Peon

Best Answers:
    Some people have said godaddy is not too good at back ordering bt I have 50% records with them. 1 won and 1 lost.

l234244, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  4. yragcom1

yragcom1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, right now, I have 4 on order with them. Is there something more effective in terms of backordering?

The site I was looking at was a lyric site that had decent traffic according to Alexa, but go hacked about 2 days before it expired. It has a PageRank of 5, and a Alexa ranking of about 200,000, with decent, but wavering traffic.

As I said this is new to me. Should I have used another service to snag this site, giving it's numbers?

yragcom1, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  5. ppcwiz

ppcwiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    godaddy's odds of catching a decent or popular .com/.net domain are not good. you will lose all the time because godaddy only has 3 registrar/connections...the ones listed below have 60-100. if you really want the name, backorder with all three services and participate in the auction, if it makes it that far.

www.pool.com
    www.snapnames.com
    www.clubdrop.com

godaddy is only competitive/somewhat successful when it comes to info/biz/us names

good luck :)

ppcwiz, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  6. monRa

monRa Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest pool.com!
    dOn't try godady!

monRa, Nov 9, 2005 IP
  7. muchacho

muchacho Active Member

Best Answers:
    My record with Godaddy is not very good. I won 1, and lost around 20 times. :rolleyes:

muchacho, Nov 9, 2005 IP
  8. norfstar

norfstar Peon

Best Answers:
    Agree with ppcwiz - use all of the services available if you really want a domain.

My record with GoDaddy is 4 successes out of 10 drops - but I wouldn't imagine anyone else tried to catch the 4.

norfstar, Nov 10, 2005 IP