1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Regaining position again on Yahoo?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by crazyhorse, Jul 11, 2005.

Wondering whether anyone else is seeing this?
    I havnt changed anything in the meantime and i have noticed that one of my websites regained position on Yahoo. It was first all the time and it is third now again after being a while no where to be found on yahoo. Im targetting multiple keywords, single or plural. This website is a dutch website.

crazyhorse, Jul 11, 2005 IP
  2. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have been going and coming to top 10 last week. But today gone again after being in top10 for 3 days. I'm starting to believe this is yahoo sandbox.

Also today my clients site came back to top 20.

Tuning, Jul 11, 2005 IP
  3. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Peon

Best Answers:
    My best guess as well. Some sort of a sandbox just like Google. And it wouldnt suprise me if MSN has one as well.

crazyhorse, Jul 11, 2005 IP
  4. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    pretty much all mine that lost it, totally lost it

either totally de-indexed by yahoo

or get < 5 visitors a month from yahoo

no improvemets at all

ferret77, Jul 11, 2005 IP
  5. SEOGuru

SEOGuru Peon

Best Answers:
    When the YST emails me saying that yes I was banned (or in their words, "there is a judgement against your site") then I find it hard to believe I'm going to regain any position ever.

They DO allow you to submit for a re-review but only ONCE. If you don't pass that time, you are screwed.

Here is what I love:

Yahoo: "We want quality sites and relevant content in our index and your site may be in violation of our Guidelines."

Me: "OK, I respect that. If you don't like something about my site, tell me what it is so I can fix it. You do want quality sites right? Let me fix what you don't like."

Yahoo: "We don't offer any specifics as to the nature of the judgement of your site."

Me: "I understand that there are certain trade secrets that you don't want to divulge. But is it links? Is it page content? Can you even give me a page that may be in question? I wont even argue with you about it. I'd be happy to eliminate the page altogether if it will get me back in."

Yahoo: "We don't offer any specifics as to the nature of the judgement of your site but you can submit your site for a re-review."

Me: "I'll submit my site but if I don't know what to fix, how do I know if I will be rejected again? I've checked the Guidelines and I can't see where I am in violation."

Yahoo: "We don't offer any specifics as to the nature of the judgement of your site. Please view our content Guidelines."

It is this kind of brainless customer service that I think most businesses are really upset about (if you can get a response from them at all).

SEOGuru, Jul 11, 2005 IP
  6. Canadianbacon

Canadianbacon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    well i've noticed a few more pages being indexed, so i can only hope ranking will improve.

Canadianbacon, Jul 11, 2005 IP