1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Refund after Quarter is Over

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by MattEvers, Jan 12, 2006.

I had someone buy something in the middle of December, and I recieved credit for that sale. My Q4 2005 still shows this income. I guess they returned/cancelled their order, and now for this quarter, my account shows a negative balance for the amount of the order from Q4.

Will they pay me for this item, and then take the commission out of next quarter's check? What if the amount is more then next quarter's check?

Will they just not pay me for this item?

Thanks

MattEvers, Jan 12, 2006 IP
  2. tflight

tflight Peon

Best Answers:
    I remember having this happen to me, but it was probably a couple years ago so they might have changed how they deal with it. In my case I ended one quarter (we'll call it Q2) with a negative balance. I was paid for the original commission which happened in the previous quarter (Q1).

While I ended the quarter (Q2) with a negative balance they never asked (or took) any money back. The negative balance just rolled over to the next quarter (Q3) when I finally made enough commission to offset the refund in Q2. The Q3 payment was Q3's earnings minus the (negative) balance from Q2.

Wow, that was confusing. But if they still do it the same way you will be paid for the commission in December. If you end the current quarter with a negative balance nothing will happen. They won't ask you to pay them. Then once you earn enough to offset the negative balance they will pay you again. I have no idea what would happen if you stopped earning a commission for a few consecutive quarters or if you never earned enough to offset the refund.

tflight, Jan 14, 2006 IP
    MattEvers likes this.
  3. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your replay! :D

This is what I am wondering. I don't use amazon too much, and this happened to be my biggest item sold (X,XXX), so with a commission of XXX in the negative now, it may take a while before they get their money back, assuming they pay me for the original commission later on this month.

I get a few cd sales every now and then, and that's about it. So while, I don't think I will never get that amount in commission again, I think it could take a few quarters at least.

Oh well, we'll see.

MattEvers, Jan 14, 2006 IP
  4. bargainr

bargainr Peon

Best Answers:
    They won't "charge" you for the negative balance, it'll just carry over.

bargainr, Jan 19, 2006 IP