1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Refresh link returns to login page

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by jarvi, Mar 7, 2004.

Anyone else have this problem? Seems to only happen say 90% of the time and not really a big deal as I just click the login link and I get back in without having to enter the username and password.

BTW thanks for starting this one. Have been a long time lurker at SEOChat and was getting frustrated with the load times as well.

James

jarvi, Mar 7, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What web browser and version are you using?

I did hear about it once before, and an upgrade from IE 5.0 to 6.0 seemed to fix it for whatever reason. But, I'm thinking it may have been some sort of security setting that happened to be reset with the upgrade. Because lots of people are using IE 5.0 without any problems...

- Shawn

digitalpoint, Mar 7, 2004 IP
  3. jarvi

jarvi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Shawn it is IE 6.0 SP1

jarvi, Mar 7, 2004 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hmmm... what are your security settings for IE setup for (like what zone or whatever it's called)?

- Shawn

digitalpoint, Mar 7, 2004 IP
  5. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Go ahead and tell me if it works now... I made a change so when you login to the system, it sets a unique login_id cookie. If that cookie is set the system will use that to authenticate. If it's not set, it will fall back to the straight HTTP realm authentication it was doing before.

So that *should* make it work as long as your browser accepts the cookie. The nice thing about it is if someone doesn't accept cookies, it will still work as before with the HTTP realm authentication.

I think it was the realm authentication that was going some people troubles... If there browser only passively authenticated a web page, it would do what you were seeing (return to the login screen as if you did not authenticate).

- Shawn

digitalpoint, Mar 8, 2004 IP
  6. jarvi

jarvi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Shawn, looks like it may be something at my end. Now with the changes when I click the refresh I get the http realm authentication box. Security wise I have custom settings that aren't the highest but aren't the lowest either. Should accept cookies though as I don't have a problem at other sites with cookies.

I really hate sorting out the security setting but will keep trying. Thanks for your help and I'll just have to have a fiddle from my end by the looks of it.

jarvi, Mar 9, 2004 IP
  7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Try setting your cookies to prompt you with a dialog when they are offered. Just to make sure your browser is seeing the one it gives when you log in.

- Shawn

digitalpoint, Mar 9, 2004 IP