1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

redirect to realsafe-23.net scam site

Discussion in 'Security' started by feras80, May 12, 2010.

Hello,
    My websites are hosted on godaddy linux shared server. When i visit any of them, it redirects me to an anther url having a fake antivirus in it: realsafe-23.net (please see attachments)
    I spent couple hours investigating about this issue. Couldn’t come up with anything.
    Has anyone faced such behavior before?
    Thank you!

Attached Files:

• img1.jpg
      img1.jpg
      File size:
      17.5 KB
      Views:
    feras80, May 12, 2010 IP
  2. mrwatkins83

mrwatkins83 Peon

Best Answers:
    Your problem is directly related to the post below. I've had the same problem twice this week. some people are blaming GoDaddy and other hosting providers. I'm not entirely sure what the problem is just yet, but I've been on the phone with GoDaddy a few times and they've tried to blame it on security holes in my site (which is possible). Check out the post: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1787686

Just out of curiosity, are you on a linux or windows server? Are you running Joomla or WordPress? What's your PHP version?

mrwatkins83, May 12, 2010 IP
  3. lowster11

lowster11 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have same problem, I'd like to find this a@@hole!!!

Only happens on my Pligg sites.

lowster11, May 12, 2010 IP
  4. feras80

feras80 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello mrwatkins83,
    Thanks for this valuable information. I have both joomla and wordpress running under linux. Even a fully html coded website is having the same problem.
    Thank you!

feras80, May 12, 2010 IP