1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Redirect page after video plays

Discussion in 'C#' started by jiggawattjoseph, May 22, 2006.

So here is an interesting one. I have built a page that has an embedded Windows Media Player with a movie that auto loads. What I would like to do is redirect the browser to a new page once the video has finished playing. What I don't know how to do, is use the event of the movie ending to tell the browser that it is now time to redirect the user.

Anybody know if there is a way for me to do this?

P.S. - You guys kicked ass on my last question! :)

jiggawattjoseph, May 22, 2006 IP
  2. ludwig

ludwig Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I think there is one way of redirecting the page via META tags, but you need to have in consideration the load time of your movie by determinig the user's internet connection speed and then adding the length of the movie, you get the time when you need to redirect the user.

I am not sure if there is other way. It's interesting for me also, there should be some simple way, but the problem is that you need to send a variable to ASP in order to have it function

ludwig, May 22, 2006 IP
  3. jiggawattjoseph

jiggawattjoseph Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, there is a way to redirect the page after a certain amount of time. However, the time it takes for the video to load and complete varies from user to user, so I need an event that I can use to trigger the redirect.

jiggawattjoseph, May 22, 2006 IP