1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Redirect or Parking

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by GPWA, Nov 6, 2004.

Hi Folks. My first post here. I own a gambling webmasters forum www.gpwa.net but thought my question would be best answered here.

I have a website that we'll call B. the domain being www.b.net and I purchased another domain, which made up of my keywords call www.c.com

Now, the first domain has excellent pr, and is starting rank decently in the serps. However, I want to change from the current domain to the new one. Which is best 301 redirect, or parking the current domain on the new one? Why?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks! Excellent forum here shawn!

GPWA, Nov 6, 2004 IP
  2. ResaleBroker

ResaleBroker Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I were going to make the change I would use a 301 redirect. I say this because 301 is an accepted, if not preferred, redirect and many believe that PageRank will transfer with the 301.

ResaleBroker, Nov 6, 2004 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The 301 is by far the best option... Keep in mind you probably will loose your ranking temporary (2-4 weeks) while the redirects "soak in".

digitalpoint, Nov 6, 2004 IP
  4. GPWA

GPWA Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks! That's what I thought, but wanted to be sure!

GPWA, Nov 6, 2004 IP