1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Redirect on Homepage

Discussion in 'Google' started by FaucetDepot, Nov 26, 2008.

HI all,
    My site automatically directs visitors to a sub directory when they visit the homepage...

IE: http://www.mysite.com/mysite/Main.asp

I know this has to be bad for the Google crawler because a redirect is occurring on the initial pageload, right? My developers are hosting multiple sites on one server. How important for us is it to get this site out of the sub dir in regards to SEO?

FaucetDepot, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  2. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If the redirect is a 301 redirect, I think you should be fine. You may have some issues depending on if you get links to your domain name or your exact homepage url. I don't know if they would give you credit for the redirected links, although theoretically they are supposed to.

Ideally you wouldn't have that redirect though. So if possible I would try to move it to the main directory. Instead move some of the other less important sites to new directories.

vansterdam, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  3. kevinmk

kevinmk Member

Best Answers:
    kevinmk, Nov 26, 2008 IP