1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

redirect domain to domain/wordpress/

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by highlow, Oct 14, 2015.

I have a mybb forum (mydomain.com) that has menu links to my wordpress site so they will be connected to each other. But now i want the main domain to redirect to my wordpress site which is mydomain/wordpress/. So my plan is redirect mydomain.com to mydomain.com/wordpress/
    The wordpress has link going back to the forum which is mydomain.com/index.php. Can anyone please help me what i should add to my .htaccess to make it happen and wont affect my seo. Im confused to with www and without www. thanks in advance.

highlow, Oct 14, 2015 IP
  2. venetsian

venetsian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,
    You should put some php redirection inside the main folder index file since if you do htaccess then you won't be able to view the mybb files.
    Let me know if you need help with this.
    Cheers,
    Venetsian.

venetsian, Oct 28, 2015 IP
  3. Roger S

Roger S Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Here is some things that you should do.

1) check the maindomain's .htaccess file and disable it and create a new one that will do the redirection.

2) Make sure the WordPress Installation has the following site and home url.

mydomain/wordpress/

Once the above two are taken care of you will be good to go. :)

Let me know if that worked.

Roger S, Dec 26, 2015 IP