1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Redevelop a domain after expired?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by kevydesigns, Sep 1, 2014.

Hi,

Not sure if this is the place to ask.

I sold a flash game site to someone that earned revenue in 2011, now the domain is expired.

Question is, if I buy this dropped domain name back and use my old contents back in 2011, would this be okay for seo? and would it be any different than using a completely new domain? I assume the backlinks will still be there?

Is it worth buying back?
    Hope you guys can help.
    Thanks

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    kevydesigns, Sep 1, 2014 IP
  2. maddenitrous

maddenitrous Member

Best Answers:
    You can for it as long as you restore the domain to how it was with the same topics and content and you might get licky and gain some of your website ranking back, back links depends on other websites whether they get deleted or remain, but some of them will surely remain. If it is worth it or not, this is something you should answer by yourself.

maddenitrous, Sep 1, 2014 IP
    Lavonta likes this.
  3. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It would still be worth picking up and re-developing. If you still have the old content you could probably put it back on the same domain without many issues. If not, it's not a bad idea to just start from scratch. Odds are some of the links are still out there and it may have some traffic lingering in.. Use a GoDaddy coupon and re-register it for a buck or two!

FPForum, Jan 27, 2015 IP