1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

reddit is useless for adsense

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by nawny, Jul 8, 2009.

1. ptpatil

ptpatil Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's a hint, make ebay related amazon related links and cookie stuff them for the respective aff programs.

These psuedointellectual retards on reddit think they "won" or something because they managed not to click a few links (ignoring the fact that their whole website consists of visiting random links with the attention span of my right nut).

Theres TONS of money to be made from these idiots, you just have to know how. Even the smartest person falls victim to emotions or technical genious.

ptpatil, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  2. HydroJohn

HydroJohn Active Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree my gaming blog hit the front page of reddit and my revenue increased dramatically, its all about the CTR!

HydroJohn, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  3. ptpatil

ptpatil Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't forget framing and CPA redirects either, I'm really pissed about this Reddit post. I'm gonna rape Reddit with spam now, besides I could use a couple extra thou.

ptpatil, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  4. ReligionOfPeace

ReligionOfPeace Peon

Best Answers:
    You are misinformed. We are not acting as the internet's police. We are acting as Reddit's protection against being turned into a wasteland of crappy links.

We go to reddit for interesting links and discussion (okay, arguments, rambling idiocy, etc.) and that's what we want to see. We don't want to learn how to make money fast, learn about the fantastic benefits of laser eye surgery, get the lowdown on foreclosure sales, or any of the other myriad of schemes that are posted.

The place where links "live" and are seen by thousands of visitors is the front page. That's it. None of you will ever get to the front page because your article is downmodded almost as fast as you can post. And listen, this is the good part: there's an RSS feed that carries spammer names and domains so we don't even need to update our scripts. When you end up on r/ReportTheSpammers, you may as well never come back.

There are some people who are interested in SEO, business ventures, and marketing stuff. That's why there are specific subreddits for them.

All the areas in Reddit are seen by "subscription" r/reddit is the default reddit that everyone has on registering. But you don't need to keep it. You can subscribe to r/writers and r/WTF and then all you will see are posts in Writers and WTF. Nothing from any other reddit will intrude upon your viewing enjoyment.

If you have some cool article or idea in the SEO, business, or marketing line, go post it in the right spot. No one's saying you can't post on reddit. What we're saying is that the vast majority of the posts we hammer are considered spam because they are in the wrong sub-reddit. If you provide content to a willing audience, no one minds. When you post what we consider junk mail in the main reddit, well, you may as well accept the fact that we're going to downmod you into oblivion so damned fast your ears will ring.

Nothing persoanl, you see. Just business.

ReligionOfPeace, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  5. ReligionOfPeace

ReligionOfPeace Peon

Best Answers:
    You aren't serious, are you?

Ask yourself this question: How many Redditors are not using AdBlock or No Script? Then ask what how many in that small group actually click ad links?

ReligionOfPeace, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  6. Tritontrax

Tritontrax Peon

Best Answers:
    So, what I'm getting from this thread is:

a) Save Reddit and the other social bookmarking sites for your geek related content, not general interest stuff
    b) Post in the appropriate category when you do post on those sites
    c) Don't expect too many adsense clicks unless maybe for ads for tech geek toys or super deals on common tech like monitors, hard drives

Tritontrax, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  7. lbrg

lbrg Peon

Best Answers:
    redditor here

yeah, you can make money off of reddit very craftily (amazon links etc) but for the most part, don't waste your time unless you have good content - trust us, we KNOW the difference between shitty spam and legit content.

lbrg, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  8. nawny

nawny Peon

Best Answers:
    30,000 views now

nawny, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  9. hljerdee

hljerdee Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow that was really smart.

Has that been working out for you like that evey since?

hljerdee, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  10. Ryan6

Ryan6 Peon

Best Answers:
    I checked Reddit and this article is number one in popularity. Nice exposure for DP.

The ad blockers will be blocked themself from accessing websites soon enough. Your free ride won't last.

Simply put, don't use social bookmarking sites with intentions to make money. Use them for free high PR backlinks.

Everyone knows search engine traffic is king, so build sites around Google. Easy does it.:D

Ryan6, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  11. rentdn

rentdn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's nonsense to use reddit or any other social bookmark with purpose to make money from visits . The guys who are doing this will only waste time . Sometime I'm posting some of my posts in digg or reddit , but the purpose is just to share the info with my friends ( and who knows maybe it will be useful , and if not the community will not vote for it - so everybody happy ). But spamming the system is really big waste of time and webmasters should focus their attention on building good , hi quality websites , instead of spamming others

rentdn, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  12. southwind19

southwind19 Active Member

Best Answers:
    you cant expect every one of your visitors to click but building up traffic and alexa ranks are really important

southwind19, Jul 10, 2009 IP
  13. drewtoby

drewtoby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    might be fake traffic or uninterested people

drewtoby, Jul 10, 2009 IP
  14. Amer

Amer Peon

Best Answers:
    the most quality traffic is from search engines,

and it will be better with unique content

Amer, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  15. mrmoney

mrmoney Guest

Best Answers:
    Bookmarking sites may help in cpM revenue model and braqnd promotion.
    They are beneficial if they allow dofollow link.

mrmoney, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  16. airraid81

airraid81 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Social media sites are always bad for ads cuz people just go to quickly read the article and vote then quickly back to another article.

airraid81, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  17. ptpatil

ptpatil Peon

Best Answers:
    You guys aren't looking at the big fruit, it doesn't matter if they WANT to click ads, we have to MAKE them click ads or give us commissions through various ways.

Reddit traffic is gold IMO

ptpatil, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  18. Crafty Blogger

Crafty Blogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    Social bookmarking seems more useful to me for creating backlinks and helping your SERPS for posts and articles, than as a source of direct adsense revenue. Most readers from stumbleupon, digg and such won't click on your ads, but these sites will help generate income indirectly by helping move your site up in terms of organic search results - which you should help you get more clicks down the road.

Crafty Blogger, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  19. siar00070

siar00070 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ya i accept that organic traffic is best...........

siar00070, Jul 11, 2009 IP
  20. Ryan6

Ryan6 Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed. I reckon free classified sites come in second.

Ryan6, Jul 11, 2009 IP