1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reddit and SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Beckeren, Apr 1, 2021.

Reddit is surely a great source to get traffic to a website but does it also help your website in terms of SEO? What are the best practices to get the best out of Reddit in terms of not only getting traffic but also to increase search engine rankings?
    SEMrush

Beckeren, Apr 1, 2021 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    A warning on Reddit: if you just post links, you'll get banned. I did that, then they showed me mercy and reinstated me as I became an active participant in their forum. I still selectively post links directly related to questions and discussions in the forums, and Reddit is OK with that as long as it's not done excessively. But the traffic from those links currently is minimal —only 8 visitors from Reddit last month from among our 46,508 visitors.

Jim4767, Apr 3, 2021 IP
  3. Beckeren

Beckeren Member

Best Answers:
    How do you share your links. You just make new post or put links in the comments?

Beckeren, Apr 5, 2021 IP
  4. Host4Biz

Host4Biz Member

Best Answers:
    I think link placement must be justified there, so no one can think it was placed by site owner for promotion. I assume in this case such links will be accepted there and appreciated.

Host4Biz, Apr 6, 2021 IP
  5. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I do not just start a thread by posting a link with comments. That got me banned, probably rightly so. Now I get engaged with active threads, and if I have a relevant article that adds value to the dialogue, I'll post a link to that article along with my comments.

Jim4767, Apr 6, 2021 IP
  6. jaguar34

jaguar34 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I tried increasing my Karma on Reddit but every time I post there someone dislikes my comment and now my Karma is negative. Now I stopped doing Reddit.

jaguar34, Apr 17, 2021 IP