1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

???Red Reps???

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MaryMary, Mar 30, 2007.

1. gordano

gordano Active Member

Best Answers:
    An interesting post, I found out about this the hard way. A guy (I will keep his user ID hidden) said he liked my post and would give me some green rep. Next thing I knew I got a PM from him saying "Oh Sh**" I gave you red by mistake ... he also got -1. A word of caution, make sure you check the "I approve" field before you submit the feedback!!!!

The upshot was he said he would give me some green rep after ... but then found he couldn't, DP doesn't let you add rep a second time.

So the moral of this post, take care before you give rep to anyone, mistakes are hard to correct :)

gordano, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  2. MaryMary

MaryMary Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It comes up automatically on the I approve, and you have to change it to I disagree button if you want to let someone know that you don't approve of their post. Yes you are correct that it takes one away from your own points when you decide to give someone an I disapprove comment.

I've never heard of someone sending you a pm to tell you that he's going to give you green. But whatever, I guess.

I have sent an email about rep recently to someone who I gave an I approve comment to in the general chat area, apologizing for giving it to them in that area where it doesn't count in most cases. So I'm on the lookout for a good post of this same user to give them some green on in another area.

You can rep the same person more than once, you just have to pass some around to other users before you can give it to them again. I think it's like 20 some reps, but I've seen other users say it was only 14 or so. So I'm still researching this aspect.

It is a very interesting topic, that's why I started this thread. I hadn't read about it before hand and found out myself by giving a red to someone that it costs you -1, so I thought it would be helpful to other members.

I've now learned to hold on to my reputation points, because most people that I want to give reds to end up being banned within a few days anyway.

Mary

MaryMary, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  3. gordano

gordano Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Mary, I didn't get the PM to tell me I was going to get a green, he said in post he would leave a green rep, then left red by mistake. Next thing he sent me a PM to appologise and said he would leave green later to compensate - but never did.

Anyway, hope this clarifies. Also thanks for explaining the point about being able to leave more green rep.

gordano, Apr 26, 2007 IP