1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Red Flags For Writers: Know when to walk away - and know when to RUN!

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Senobia, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Live2Write

Live2Write Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your posts never cease to impress me Senobia. Thanks and some green for the reds shared!

On topic, another one:
    Run Away when the buyer has little/no rep. Still better, Stop Visiting the BST job boards as long as the low-paying gigs are posted (for lack of better alternative, you see).

Live2Write, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  2. blueink

blueink Member

Best Answers:
    I have encountered each of these red flags and yes, running away is the only option. It is sad that a lot of writers who are just starting out get burned easily when they fail to recognize these red flags..

I just want to add one point, DO NOT WORK WITH SOMEONE WHO WILL NOT MAKE AN UPFRONT PAYMENT. Not talking about repeat orders from the same client, but new clients. I have had a number of people stop emailing me the moment I asked for a deposit before starting work. Ha! Once burned, twice shy! :)

blueink, Jan 3, 2013 IP
  3. sweedy

sweedy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How about the places that want you to do something illegal, that would break the rules of the website or country you are suppose to post it at. Now that is the site for a writer to run away from as fast as you possibly can.

sweedy, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  4. axxil

axxil Member

Best Answers:
    The post of Senobia's that I clicked through and read really did make me laugh. It truly is worth knowing these red flags. I ran my own building business once and should you ever in that game ever hear the phrase I am about to quote, the customer will be A LOT of trouble. "If you do a good job here I know someone who wants some work done." That was commonplace. Another red flag I met only once, and I'm glad I never got the job was where the prospective customer had had 10 other quotes for the work. (I pity whomever was hired there.)

axxil, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  5. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My new favorite...

I have a site I want to promote. I've never hired a writer before. What services do you offer that can help me?

Maybe I've just become too cynical of the buyers here on DP. Free marketing plan anyone? No doubt the message was sent to several writers. Wanna bet at least one fell for it?

YMC, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  6. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Senobia,

Great info that would help a lot of writers out there. Thanks for sharing!

Have a good day!

affilorama, Mar 13, 2013 IP