1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Recover posts and pages from expired domain (no xml x-port pre expiration)

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by IanT, Apr 25, 2020.

Hey guys! Quick question, what is the easiest way to recover posts and pages from an old wordpress site? I have the database files, the wordpress site files captured pre-expiration, but the client did not export the XML to import into the new site pre-expiration. Do I just pull the specific tables in database and transmute to new? These files are from an old php version as well.

IanT, Apr 25, 2020 IP
  2. IanT

IanT Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay to help those who find this post, I corrected the issue the old manual way. The easiest process is

1) To backup ALL files from your current WP installation
    2) To To backup sql database, and export
    3) Create new WP
    ----NOTE: Save your old wp-config.php file and name it wp-confgig(YOURSITE), and also for the new site. You will need to change the credentials to point to the database where you have your content, the most important table is wp_posts. Please make note "wp" is just one one installation of wordpress prefixed the database with. Yours may be different. If you are logged into your PHPMyAdmin, you can see your prefix, they must match. This is where I mixed up. When importing the database tables did not match.
    4) Upload all files from old installation
    5) Import Database
    6) Search and Replace for old domain if you changed domains.

You should be good to go!

IanT, Apr 25, 2020 IP