1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Record Low Sales With Clickbank

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Gort, Jun 12, 2009.

I'm about ready to kick Clickbank to the curb, and start looking for an alternative. This week has been the worst week I've had since I started promoting Clickbank products. I've been driving just as much traffic as normal to it. Anyone else's sales tanked bad without any explanation?

Gort, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  2. snotb4ll

snotb4ll Peon

Best Answers:
    This is common, people complain about this all the time.

I don't get it either. For 3 weeks I'll have a great run then for 1 - 2 weeks its like sales stop even though I'm sending the same amount of traffic. Anymore I'm use to it and prepare for it to happen.

I've tried switching over to paydotcom but couldn't find any products that converted the way the ones in clickbank did so I moved back to clickbank.

snotb4ll, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  3. ajbarnes

ajbarnes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The same with me. Clickbank just has so many products that can convert much better than most.....not to mention they have the weekly deposits! :D

ajbarnes, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  4. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    People aren't spending their cash on digital products these days. Can't see another solid reason of why everyone's complaining about Clickbank. Both PPC and search engine/referral traffic is converting a lot worse even than 6 months ago..

evelinawilliams007, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  5. knight1

knight1 Peon

Best Answers:
    It was on the news I read from one of my twitterers the other day that the recession is going to take a toll on digital ebook sales. Plus, don't clickbank sales fluctuate all the time anyways?

Best advice to everyone is to look for alternatives and keep pushing CB as well. Have a higher percentage rate to succeed online :)

knight1, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  6. gbit

gbit Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can anyone tell which commodities are being most sold via clickbank ?

gbit, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes this has been a real problem for a long time with CB, while last year at this time, start of June was slow it did picked up. Now with economy the way it is when the overall sales cycles slows CB really chokes.

Yes you must look at other networks besides CB, just to survive. Dont give up ever!

Good Luck and God Bless..:D

SoCalDude, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  8. Patchkaa

Patchkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    Been slow for me these past two days...this had happened to me afew times then all of a sudden i picks up again, just the normal CB fluctuations lol!!

Patchkaa, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  9. waxman1000

waxman1000 Peon

Best Answers:
    It happens all the time. You should get used to it

waxman1000, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  10. forest1

forest1 Peon

Best Answers:
    it goes up and down, probably more down these days but that is to be expected due to the economy.

forest1, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  11. Johnyboy

Johnyboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Well some antrepreneurs get it wrong in the first place and they live with the idea that they're doing a great job. Until one day ....

It seems to me that day has come for you. And could that be because you got it wrong in the first place when it comes to promoting online?

Only you know the answer. In what I'm concerned Clickbank is doing just fine. And because hundreds of people like you and me sometimes complain about something they don't like, well, that won't be a major problem for Clickbank since they are right now No 1 in affiliate networks rankings.

On the other hand, clickbank affiliate links (or hop links) can be easily inserted in a HTML or even better a PHP file that all it does it redirects visitors to the vendor's page. This is an effective way to keep your potential customer, because customers became so smart nowadays and some just go to merchant website directly.

In a redirecting PHP file they have no way in doing this, only if they are savvy coders. So, one way.... Clickbank cookie.

You say "This week has been the worst week I've had since I started promoting Clickbank products."

BTW when did you started promoting CB products? What experience do you have? How many products did you sold online? And most importantly a website address so we can see "how you're doing".

Selling Clickbank products is like an art. Is not about a bunch of visitors coming to your website and you getting commissions. Is really more than that.

Just a thought: Is your traffic crap? Think about it. How relevant it is for your product and what are the methods you advertise. If for example you're doing PPC it's obvious for me that your pre-sales (landing page) page is worth less that 10 cents. :D

PS:It is always faster to switch to another network. But be sure this one is bad for you.

Johnyboy, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  12. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    I used to receive a sale after 20-30 hops for 2 months, during the last two weeks, I have sent over 300 hops to the same vendor pages that used to convert well (it's about 10 different products) and none converted. All SEO traffic, very targeted (as before!) and presold on my site. Again, not even one conversion.
    I said screw CB this cannot be happening, I have turned to some CPA offers to see if this bad conversion is my fault or theirs (or some "3rd party's"...) and guess what: I have 1:25 conversion there ... I already switched to CPA offers completely, I don't like CB it's not transparent at all, I had many visitors complaining to me about how they cannot buy the product because the order page displays error messages, etc (and guess how many didn't complain just "browsed away"..).

So I advise everyone who's having a real hard time to switch to an alternative monetizing strategy.

SirKhan, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  13. lyndatreb

lyndatreb Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm so confused about all this -- I really don't know what to do. Just about the time I decide that Clickbank isn't worth my time, the sales start coming again. Same thing happened last week, zero days, and then, boom, I have a couple of days with over $100. Thought things were back to normal, now I'm faced with three zero days in a row.

Is there any possibility that sometimes there is a delay in the reporting of sales, which would explain the zero days and then unusually large days (for me) with nothing in between? I could even live with that if that's what's going on. But if I'm actually losing sales to credit card processors being down or someone stealing my commissions, then that's a different story.

I'm reading so many differing opinions on this and I just don't know what to believe or not believe anymore. There are a lot of things that I like about Clickbank, but all I know is I'm spending a lot of my time, effort, and PPC dollars and I'd sure like to have some answers one way or another.

lyndatreb, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  14. Johnyboy

Johnyboy Peon

Best Answers:
    You should really think about how you're campaigns are working for you, because nobody here will be able to tell you "exactly" what to do since nobody knows your market, campaigns, ads or keywords (which are very important in driving traffic).

You could also made some mistakes by leaving some of the "golden" keywords out. So a campaign on Adwords never ends. Keep testing and split testing.

Most important don't talk about Clickbank, because Clickbank is just the middleman here, but it is you who pulls the ropes.

As seen on so many places, keywords are described as very unstable when it comes to bringing traffic. Sure sometimes some certain keywords bring in more traffic than other times but keywords as like many other things online are affected by what is going on online right now.

So if you're bidding for "affiliate marketer" keyword, maybe another product is born that has to do with that term. And suddenly people start searching for that term and find your ad.

Listening you I came to this crazy (maybe not true) conclusion that maybe you only have a few keywords. If so the fluctuation in sales is more obvious than it is when you have more keywords.

With more profitable keywords, some less performance keywords at a certain time, may be substitute by the better ones for a short-time period. But if you're facing this all the time, maybe you haven't done your keywords home properly in the first place.

Johnyboy, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  15. Gort

Gort Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been promoting these products for almost a year now on a static html site. I have over 6000 hits a day. I send about 150 to 200 hops a day to Clickbank. I think I know what I'm doing...

Sales Stats:

[​IMG]

Gort, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  16. Gort

Gort Peon

Best Answers:
    I just sent Clickbank a message asking them to check into my poor sales. I'm willing to bet that my sales magically start to improve. Its happened in the past. Anyone care to place bets?

lyndatreb,
    Could you send them a message too? I'd like to see if we get the exact same cookie cutter response like before.

Gort, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  17. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    Gort: It will be very interesting to see the results of your e-mail, I heard exactly the same happened to others in the past. Please keep us updated!

SirKhan, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  18. Gort

Gort Peon

Best Answers:
    Something interesting I have noticed. On June 2nd, I had someone make a double purchase. On June 4th they requested 2 refunds. (See Picture Below)

From then on my sales were crap. I wonder if that is related somehow? Seems like it could be. The refunds posted at 3am on June 4th. June 4th was a zero day as well. I wonder if it caused some kind of security issue with my account? If it did, that seems kind of stupid. I have hundreds of legitimate transactions, then some jerk I can't control does something stupid and I am penalized?! Its not like my account has any refund issues, I've only had 3 refunds in 3 months and this incident is 2 of them.

[​IMG]

Gort, Jun 16, 2009 IP
  19. deccanbazaar.biz

deccanbazaar.biz Banned

Best Answers:
    what makes the most sales in click bank ? i have used them once since then i have never seen back into it but after seeing some snaps i think i should get back into it.

deccanbazaar.biz, Jun 16, 2009 IP
  20. Gort

Gort Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry. I am not revealing my niche or my website. It will only breed competition.

Gort, Jun 16, 2009 IP