1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Record Breaking ACRU's

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by mcmuney, Jun 21, 2008.

1. mcmuney

mcmuney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you're referring to the domain that disappeared from Google, it's very new, I think I registered it around the 7th of this month. But it very quickly became my #2 earner. I was very surprised to see it such high up on Google results, for some very popular terms, but it was nowhere to be found for the last two days.

I just checked again a few minutes ago, I'm seeing it now, but way down. What causes this? Any ideas?

mcmuney, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  2. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    It's the sandbox hitting a new domain. This happens the same for me whenever I register a new domain and put up some content to start targeting keywords. I will rank really great for a week and then get dropped like a rock. Just keep slowly adding content and links, you'll see drastic improvement once you get back out of the sandbox.

webwork, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  3. mcmuney

Best Answers:

Thanks, that's very helpful to know. This has happened to me several times, though not always, and it's nice to know what's happening. I already see it slowly creeping back. For one popular term, to be unnamed at this time, I was showing up #7, yesterday it was at #21 and today at #19. It will be very nice to see it on the top 10 again. That Google is so tricky!!

mcmuney, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  4. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    Yah, that happens to me every time.

Once you get more content up there and the domain ages more, your rankings will fluctuate less and less.

webwork, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  5. nosleepno

nosleepno Peon

Best Answers:
    been sandboxed... happens to all of us sometimes.

Just keep adding unique content at a steady pace, and building links at a steady pace.

nosleepno, Jul 1, 2008 IP
  6. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    webwork/nosleepno: I'm experiencing this quite a bit this week. This means that my numbers will have a significant downward impact in July unless I figure out what to do. I will try to build content as suggested.

The verdict is in and I closed the month with 38 ACRU's. Not too shabby. I hope all of you guys had a good ACRU month as well.

mcmuney, Jul 1, 2008 IP
  7. depotgang

depotgang Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is fast to get things started, but then the "filters" come through and your rankings change quickly. I had the same experience with one of my BANS sites on Vintage Guitars.

Good luck

depotgang, Jul 1, 2008 IP
  8. reallykool

reallykool Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm late to this party - what is ACRU and how do you track it?
    I have 8 BANS sites and so far I've made only $236 in the past 10 weeks :-(

reallykool, Jul 1, 2008 IP
  9. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    Surprised to hear that you have 8 BANS sites and not familiar with ACRU; anyhow, an ACRU results when someone going thru your site registers to become a ebay member and activates their account by bidding on an item. You earn $25 per ACRU, more if you get more than 50 per month.

mcmuney, Jul 2, 2008 IP