1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Record Breaking ACRU's

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by mcmuney, Jun 21, 2008.

I don't know what they fixed this month, but since the last delayed reporting on about the 9th, I'm getting ACRU's left and right. So far, I already have 21 ACRU's, which is pretty much saving me and it's a record high for me (the highest I had with CJ was about 20). Am I alone on this one or is everyone experiencing similar increases with ACRU's?

mcmuney, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  2. cianuro

cianuro Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree.
    Whatever problems they had are clearly fixed.

I knew it would be worth it to stick it out.

cianuro, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  3. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    Please, keep this thread updated. I have an ebay site archived so if everything gets back to normal I may give it a try. What about sales? Do you see an increase in those as well?

vitalbusiness, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  4. cianuro

cianuro Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup indeed :)

cianuro, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  5. mcmuney

mcmuney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, sales are nowhere where they were on CJ. Here's a comparison of April and June:

Type CJ (April) EPN (June)
    ACRU 17 21
    Winning Bids 520* 276*

*This is very misleading because on CJ the sole earner was 1 site, but EPN consists of 13 sites (2 of which are not yet promoted).

mcmuney, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  6. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    This is bumming me out. I have not had a single ACRU since the switch over. And my traffic and clicks have increased.

geomark, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  7. cianuro

cianuro Peon

Best Answers:

That means nothing. Your traffic could have increased from 10 visits a day to 20 visits a day and your clicks through to ebay could have increased from 1 click a day to 2 clicks a day.

Comments like that do absolutely no good to you.

cianuro, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  8. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    Even though ACRU's can make up a large chunk of your income, it's best not to rely on it. You should concentrate on building site content so that you have more winning bids. ACRU's should be seen as a bonus in my opinion. As you can see from my previous post, my sales are way down and I'm concentrating on increasing it. Since I don't know if the driver is EPN reporting or the economy, it makes it more difficult.

That all said, I'm certainly happy about EPN fixing the ACRU issue. However, I haven't heard anything about some sort of a compensation for May to make up for the missing ACRU's. In April (with CJ), I had 17 and on May EPN only 6 and June so far 23. That makes it very obvious that there was a problem in May.

mcmuney, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  9. mikyur

mikyur Peon

Best Answers:
    Not really back to the nornal for me. But certainly heading toward the right direction.

mikyur, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  10. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    Whenever there's a delay in reporting, so far, it has resulted in better performance. There seems to be another delay today in reporting yesterday's earnings. Looking forward to the outcome.

mcmuney, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  11. synchronize

synchronize Peon

Best Answers:
    Just wondering mcmuney, how many clicks per day do you average?

Cos 21 ACRUs is impressive stuff keep it up!

synchronize, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  12. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I wish I could say the same, My ACRUs are down, I haven't had a single on this month with 1319 clicks & 50 winning bids. My fiance has similar stats with no ACRUs. Together we have about 100 winning bids with no ACRU.

We use BANS (with cloaking on) --- Do you? I'm wondering if there's something up with BANS that's not allowing my ACRUs to be tracked correctly.

I guess it could just be bad luck on our part... But it makes me a bit suspicious. A bit more info - with similar numbers last month we had a total of 5 ACRU.

Zibblu, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  13. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    synchronize:
    The combined total on my 11 sites (13 - 2 not promoted), I'm averaging about 850 clicks per day, that's 77 clicks per day average per site. I just hope that the trend continues and that winning bids also go up.

Zibblu:
    You have a good winning_bid/clicks ratio (2x higher than mine), just focus on increasing clicks the same way and you should see your earnings go up. There isn't really a way to target ACRU's since you don't know who's visiting your site.

I do use BANS with cloaking on most of my sites and I'm generating ACRU's. If you're seeing clicks and winning bids, chances are that your BANS is fine.

Like I said, I look at ACRU's as a bonus. You'll always be disappointed if you expect to see similar ACRU's every month. What I expect is something close to my average, look at your trend for the last 3-6 months and come up with your average. If you're average is 5, then I'd be somewhat concerned, but if it's 2 or 3, 0 isn't too far off. So if I end up with 30 this month and get 2 in July, I'd be worried.

mcmuney, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  14. synchronize

synchronize Peon

Best Answers:
    850 clicks/day for 11 sites is pretty good, i remember seeing one guy who had 50 ebay sites and he was getting roughly the same number of clicks/day and not even half as many ACRUs.

What do you do for backlinks? directory submissions? blog posts?

Sorry for all the questions lol.

synchronize, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  15. hexinator

hexinator Peon

Best Answers:
    congrats to you man, pray that it continues like that. I mean after the debacle they had in the beginning, you never know when they will turn the switch again.

hexinator, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  16. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    Well, if EPN truly fixed the ACRU issue, I'm sure he's also seeing big numbers this month. 50 is a lot, I'd have to work full-time to manage 50 sites.

Directory submissions are a waste of time in my opinion, UNLESS you're getting a PR rating. I, for example, have 2 PR2 directories, where most of the inner pages are also PR2. The benefit of this is that when you submit to one of the inner pages with PR2 rating, you're getting a PR2 backlink; whereas, there are many directories with high PR, like 5 or 6, BUT when you submit your link, it ends up on an inner page with NO PR. So it's always best to be on a page with PR rank.

Anyhow, I use link exchanges with related sites. I try to get listed on Google within 1 week of launch, which can be achieved by using proper SEO techniques such as meta tags, combined with blog posting, social bookmarking, etc.

I've also experimented with PPC off and on, it takes some trial and error to get it right and to optimize your ads so that it's worthwhile.

Overall, you have to do a little bit of everything to be successful.

mcmuney, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  17. backdoorksk

backdoorksk Peon

Best Answers:
    thats right

backdoorksk, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  18. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    No kidding. At least nothing can surprise me at this stage. But I don't really consider this a success when I see EPN's compensation structure:

Total ACRUs recruited Compensation per ACRU
    0 - 49 $25.00
    50 - 1,999 $28.00
    2,000 - 29,999 $31.00
    30,000+ $35.00

Anyone getting over 30,000??? lol

mcmuney, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  19. FikseGTS

FikseGTS Peon

Best Answers:
    only 1 million $ per month at that level..... :)

FikseGTS, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  20. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    On a similar note, if I ever reach 50 ACRU's in a single month, will I get $28 for the 50th one and $25 for 1-49 or $28 on all 50?

mcmuney, Jun 23, 2008 IP