1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Recommended forum webhost?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Wulkanen, Jul 22, 2012.

Hey there, I am planning on creating a quality forum and I'm wondering which webhost would be the best one to use
    for a forum. I am also wondering which hosting plan at that webhost you would recommend.

The forum will grow big pretty quickly due to email lists, so the host needs to be capable
    of handling 5.000+ amount of visitors daily.

Wulkanen, Jul 22, 2012 IP
  2. mustangjunkies

mustangjunkies Peon

Best Answers:
    Been using LiquidWeb for our automotive sites and they've been a fantastic host so far. Great support and never any downtime.

mustangjunkies, Jul 24, 2012 IP
  3. Optimumsententia

Optimumsententia Peon

Best Answers:
    Try Website Toolbox. It offers some good plans for larger amounts of traffic, at a decent price.

There are some cool features on there way, and I am sure it can handle the traffic amount you are talking about.

Optimumsententia, Jul 24, 2012 IP
  4. ironcladservers

ironcladservers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For a busy forum go with a host with fast drives/IO or a clustered setup, likely better off on a non-oversold plan. Do you have a target audience or preferred server location? With forums its good to have a host that permits accessible backups as well in case one ever needed to be pulled for restoration. Also one that will allow you to easily upgrade to a dedicated solution if needed. Do you have a preferred control panel, or have any other requirements that might help narrow the search?

ironcladservers, Jul 25, 2012 IP
  5. TiffanyJ.SSS

TiffanyJ.SSS Member

Best Answers:
    We run some pretty big forums and never have seen problems so won't need a crazy setup for something so small.

TiffanyJ.SSS, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  6. textads

textads Peon

Best Answers:
    Get a webhost which offers shared and VPS hosting, you can upgrade depending on your traffic.

textads, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  7. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should use a good VPS from a good hosting company for your purpose.

dumindushalika, Aug 4, 2012 IP