1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Recommendations for a reliable UK web host?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Nemesis7485, Apr 25, 2008.

For the last 4 years my web host has been excellent but for the last three months they've become very unreliable. I've had 3 occasions where all my sites have been down through apparent incompetance. One of those occasions lasted for a complete week after they managed to wreck databases across all my websites while trying to fix the email server.

I've now decided to jump ship so am looking for a good UK based web host. I'm not interested in resellers, but propper web hosts. I'm less concerned about cost and more interested in reliability.

Any input on who are the most reliable UK web hosts?

TIA.

Nemesis7485, Apr 25, 2008 IP
  2. Jhar

Jhar Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't speak personally to any UK based hosts but I have used Ultimahosts in the US and found them reliable - they also have servers in the UK. If you have not done so already try posting at: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/ as that forum is only focused on web hosts and webhosting. Cheers!

Jhar, Apr 25, 2008 IP
  3. Nemesis7485

Nemesis7485 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the link, Jhar. That site lead me to some very useful info and sites.

Nemesis7485, Apr 26, 2008 IP
  4. gate2vn

gate2vn Peon

Best Answers:
    Usually I think about unitedhosting.co.uk when someone is asking for UK-based hosting. Other names such as a2b2.com, clook.net are good vendors too

gate2vn, Apr 26, 2008 IP
  5. jim

jim Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Stay away from a2b2 / vaserv. I had a dedicated server with them for a while and expereinced many problems including several prolonged downtimes.

jim, May 18, 2008 IP
  6. brian65

brian65 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try pipeten.com. I've never had any trouble.

brian65, May 19, 2008 IP
  7. Seafire

Seafire Peon

Best Answers:
    have used Clook in UK for few years now, very good/reliable service....I also hear good things about UK2 but have never used.

Seafire, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  8. GTate

GTate Peon

Best Answers:

Yes, I also moved away from A2B2 as I had problems with the server. The problem I found was that there was only really one person there (Rus) that seemed to be able to do anything other than the very basics, so if you raised a ticket you got replies but nothing got done until Rus looked at it, and he didn't work 24/7.

I'm currently at Clook and would recommend them. I've also heard good things about EUKHost.

GTate, Apr 8, 2009 IP
  9. MayurGondaliya

MayurGondaliya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the http://rackSpider.com is also reliable. I have one hosting plan with them. I do not have any problem. They also have the facility to choose data centers.

MayurGondaliya, Apr 8, 2009 IP
  10. jim

jim Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When I was there Rus didn't get anything done either. The whole thing was a disaster and over a year later I still haven't recovered all the readers and SERPs I lost while they were screwing me. Probably the worst web hosting experience I've had and that's saying something. Just stay away from A2B2.

jim, Apr 10, 2009 IP