1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Recommend me a free directory script!!!

Discussion in 'Directories' started by nabeelt, Jan 8, 2013.

[h=1]What is the best free directory script to create a huge database of a specific niche? I am thinking of starting a free directory operating in a specific niche. It is going to list down all the available resources along with some stats like Page rank, alexa if possible.

I haven't used any script before so i am open to your experiences and advice.
    [/h]

nabeelt, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  2. swedal

swedal Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I dont recommend any directory script that you can get for free. If the maker gives it away they must realize how worthless it is themselves.

swedal, Jan 9, 2013 IP
  3. Simon Gooffin

Simon Gooffin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

How huge is your DB? You might want to check esyndicat free directory script. It does not have that many features at pro version, though could be easily used for some types of websites.

Anyway, if you do have a too huge DB you'll need to write your own custom solution as most scripts provide tons of features (and esyndicat seems to be the most full featured one :) ) and they add extra overhead to the software.

Simon Gooffin, Jan 13, 2013 IP
  4. nabeelt

nabeelt Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your recommendation. I've checked out esyndicate and wsnlinks both but i couldn't figure out what they mean by extra addons. What if i don't buy any addons? Would it still help me to develop a fully customized web directory??

nabeelt, Jan 13, 2013 IP
  5. Simon Gooffin

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Extra addons - plugins. We have two versions - free version & paid. Free version does not support plugins at all and it has limited set of functionality, though it could be still used as a basic link directory script. If you need extra features you might need to buy a license.

Let us know the number listings you are going to import :) It really depends, as people understand 'huge' in a different way. Please be more specific and I will advise!

Simon Gooffin, Jan 14, 2013 IP
  6. kevinwalshwhite

kevinwalshwhite Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi to all, I am also looking for some free version of directory work, please recommend me how to do

kevinwalshwhite, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  7. arrisweb

arrisweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    phpweby, arfoo, phpld v2

arrisweb, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  8. Simon Gooffin

Best Answers:
    Simon Gooffin, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  9. RaPeRbOy

RaPeRbOy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone has a phpLD license for sale? I`m also interested.

RaPeRbOy, Jan 29, 2013 IP