1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Recommend low %refd number for a first campaign?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by flip, Jan 11, 2007.

Clickbank n00b here. :D What %refd range would you recommend for a first campaign?

I thought searching for a product with a low %refd number would be good for a first campaign. But now I'm not so sure... Anybody?

flip, Jan 11, 2007 IP
  2. Optimus Crime

Optimus Crime Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean?

Optimus Crime, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  3. flip

flip Peon

Best Answers:
    Hopefully to clarify... I initially thought that a low %refd number would be good for a CB noob like me because it would mean that I wouldn't have a lot of other CB affililates competing to sell the same product. Anybody have an opinion on that?

I can see the opposite side, though. Low number of referrals could mean the product just isn't saleable...

flip, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  4. Futures_Equity

Futures_Equity Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Low referrals can be a detrimental factor in determining which products to promote through PPC campaigns because some vendors have their own sites and get traffic through other means. Affiliates who try to promote the product in PPC do not have success which is the cause for low %refd.

Futures_Equity, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  5. Optimus Crime

Optimus Crime Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try something with less gravity rather than a low ref%.

The affiliate program in my signature could be a good start for you.

Stan.

Optimus Crime, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  6. mike42

mike42 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with the lower gravity approach. If you target a product with a very high gravity, you're going to find yourself up against a tremendous amount of competition.

But you also want to look for something with a decent (I'd say at least double digit gravity). If the gravity is too low, it's hard to be sure that the product will sell to anyone.

mike42, Jan 18, 2007 IP