1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reciprocal links on your own sites?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by ntomsheck, May 9, 2011.

Hey guys, quick question;
    Is it a good idea, or a bad idea to have reciprocal links on two or more of my own websites, as far as page rank is concerned? For example, one of my sites has ~X million pages, and I could put a link on every page to my second website. On this second website, with maybe 20-30 pages, if I had a link that said "a product of [my first website]" with a link back to it, would that hurt PR at all? Should I keep it as a one way link? An real life examples of this?

ntomsheck, May 9, 2011 IP
  2. cazort

cazort Peon

Best Answers:
    Reciprocal links are good if and only if both links are natural and relevant. If you have two sites in closely-related topics, ones where the audience of one site would be highly likely in being interested in the other, then go ahead and add a link.

But if you start linking sites together in an unnatural way, it can hurt you. For one, it looks highly unprofessional and spammy, and when other webmasters see your site they will peg you as a spammer.

It's also important to clearly identify why you are linking to a site. For example, on my personal site I link to several other sites I run from every page on the site, but I clearly state: "My other sites:" But one of my sites is about tea...and I do not link it anywhere to any of my other sites except for a single link to my personal site, from my user profile on that site.

Do it in the most natural way. If the link isn't relevant to users of the site, do not include it.

Hope this helps! =)

cazort, May 9, 2011 IP
    ntomsheck likes this.
  3. ntomsheck

ntomsheck Peon

Best Answers:
    That does, thank you. The second site is a service I offer, related to the first site, so I'll put it under a "Services" tab or similar.

ntomsheck, May 9, 2011 IP