1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Recieving Bank Payment with reference number required

Discussion in 'Payments' started by GADOOD, Jul 19, 2005.

Ok, so I hold an Abbey Savings account, and the details go as follows:

Sort code: <numbers>
    Account number: <general abbey one>
    Reference: <my actual savings account number>

Abbey require you do it this way, but Google have no option for a reference number which is a must in this case, else it won't reach my account.

Has anyone had any experience with this? I've just fired off an e-mail to Google for further help.

Pete

GADOOD, Jul 19, 2005 IP
  2. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are international standard procedures for money transactions. Is Abbey an exception?

Arnie, Jul 19, 2005 IP
  3. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    You are probably best asking Abbey, I doubt Google has even heard of them

dct, Jul 19, 2005 IP
  4. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    I've asked Abbey and they say it must be done like that. The account number being general, I assume in this case the account number represents <all savings accounts>, with the reference being, well a direct reference to *my* savings account.

What a bummer. If Google don't accept the reference number I guess I'll have to convert the account into a current, which is going to mean shelling out last months Adsense earnings on a passport. Brilliant! :p

Pete

GADOOD, Jul 19, 2005 IP
  5. thuiswerk

thuiswerk Peon

Best Answers:
    Seems they don't send money to a savingsaccount. Maybe that's the problem?

Mike

thuiswerk, Jul 19, 2005 IP
  6. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a definate problem!

They should really offer a reference number option. That would solve it in an instant - surely this isn't hard to implement. I'm sure if they get back to me this is a feature they may start offering in the future. It doesn't make sense not to.

Pete

GADOOD, Jul 19, 2005 IP
  7. blackpudding

blackpudding Peon

Best Answers:
    My payments got into a UK savings account with First Direct rather than my current account; it has a standard international account number. The Abbey National account appears to be the problem as its obviously not a usual bank account (savings or not). I also doubt Google will be interested in extending its service for the few people that will be affected? Time to find a different bank :rolleyes:

Cheers
    BP

blackpudding, Jul 20, 2005 IP
  8. neforum

neforum Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had my receiving account defined as a Savings Account until I read this thread. My account is with Cahoot, who are owned by Abbey National, so I changed it to my current account. Interestingly, the Savings account has a different Sort Code to my Current account. Never actually noticed that before now. :eek:

neforum, Jul 20, 2005 IP