1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Recently Turned 18, On My Own Looking For Online Mentor!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Trevor Grogitsky, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Trevor Grogitsky

Trevor Grogitsky Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know anyone

Trevor Grogitsky, Oct 17, 2016 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If his new mentor is a Samoan then he's in trouble. Most Samoans are pretty big people and he might have to feed him. The OP is so broke that he can't pay his rent. So he can't afford to feed himself let alone the Samoan.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    Spoiltdiva, Oct 17, 2016 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You have a nasty streak in you. Most teenagers have issues with their parents. I know I certainly did.

dcristo, Oct 17, 2016 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    And you lack a sense of humor. I was simply responding to your Samoan joke. As to not paying rent that's not an issue with parents, but a lack of responsibility. His parents by booting him out are trying to help him to grow up.

Spoiltdiva, Oct 17, 2016 IP
  5. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I started on the internet without a mentor, I just read and read and read online..
    Until I found a job that that helped me to learn more, I was also looking for a mentor that time but what I've found is a colleague that thought me a lot of stuff that concerns with the internet world. But I didn't just rely on her, at that time I was still self studying and experimenting. It is hard sometimes but it is quite fulfilling to discover things on your own. I am not saying that by now I am a professional but at least I know how things work-around. Internet world is a never ending process of learning, but keep in mind that the most basic things about it are the most important ones.

Patricia Ann Lee, Oct 17, 2016 IP
    dcristo likes this.
  6. ld5548

ld5548 Member

Best Answers:
    Might I make a recommendation? I suggest you do a few things prior to searching out a mentor to "teach you the ropes".
    #1. find a job to help pay the rent and other bills you are going to accumulate, you will not earn enough with your current level of experience online.
    #2. visit this forum and others in the field in which you wish to learn (online,offline marketing) and gather as much free information as you can
    #3. search out blog posts and websites related to what it is that you wish to pursue, if you want to "Sell log homes" then search Google for "How to sell log homes"
    #4. You have a long road ahead of you and don't think there is some pushbutton, switch, or magic wand that is going to help you solve the mysteries of online marketing overnight.
    For every 1 person on this sight who is successful, there are a 100 who only wish they were, so be careful who you ask to "Mentor " you. You are nowhere near ready for that phase since you seem to not be able to pay bills now ,a mentor who is anywhere near his weight is going to charge you a hefty penny for their service. Good luck to you.

ld5548, Oct 18, 2016 IP
    dcristo likes this.
  7. Aravision74

Aravision74 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Phew, give this guy some breathing space! Don't you remember how you were at 18?
    Trevor, just go and sell the timber homes and make some money. The mentor you choose depends on what you want to learn. It will cost something but you can already learn a lot on the Internet about blogging, setting up a Word Press site, doing videos and marketing on social media.
    I would get your local business website set up and get customer testimonials, articles in the niche and film all the steps of the construction. You can sell a book of plans of timber houses. You can create a downloadable ebook to get people on your mailing list. You can do a targeted Facebook campaign in the area where the company works with a downloadable offer. Then email your list with useful information. Offer them to sign in for a value video answering the main questions of new home owners. Behind that you can use a scheduling software like youcanbook.me to program meetings with your future clients. Learn the sales pitch from the best in your profession and the steps involved in closing the sale. If you get all that working, you can create a video product to sell to teach others how to do it.
    Just do it, you don't have to be perfect to get started. Reasonng and attitudes get perfected as you go along.

Aravision74, Oct 18, 2016 IP
    dcristo likes this.
  8. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The problem I had when I was 18 was I struggled coming up with many good "business ideas". I mean, how can you, when you lack so much life experience. But what you can do at this age is to learn the fundamentals of internet marketing. Then when you have that light bulb moment, you can run with the idea, and execute a plan.

dcristo, Oct 18, 2016 IP
  9. Trevor Grogitsky

Trevor Grogitsky Peon

Best Answers:
    I pay rent, just not to my parents.

Trevor Grogitsky, Oct 18, 2016 IP
  10. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Smart boy. Boggles my mind why anyone would pay rent to still live with their parents.

dcristo, Oct 18, 2016 IP
  11. Trevor Grogitsky

Trevor Grogitsky Peon

Best Answers:
    This has been the best thing for me, thank you so much! I am gathering all the info I have for the company and I plan to set up a website soon.

12. Madelite

Madelite Banned

Best Answers:
    I know your situation. I moved out at 17 for similar reasons (I dislike parasites, parent's shouldn't provide for you if you want to call yourself an adult, nor anyone else. I wanted to be an adult so I started working full-time at a shitty company to live on my own, legal in my country.).

The advise I can give you is limited of course. First of all for the website, remember to not only use DP. Use sites like BlackHatWorld and WarriorForums as well, you need to gather as much information about SEO as you can. (BHW has tons of free E-book downloads and they also gather these in lists for newbies, really helpful).

Secondly, don't pay for advise, e-books or such. Most of it is scams or rehashed old info and you can find the same information for free. For general SEO, Offline- and Online marketing I highly recommend google, there are some really good websites for newbie information and even the more in-depth details.

Thirdly, don't give up. This is the step where 99% of the population fails. They don't get support, they don't see success and so on and thus give up. Don't do that. The saying "Hard work pays off" (Or whatever the saying is in English...) is true, it really does. I started working while underage part-time and saw success, small but some, then I kept working. Now I work full-time as a freelancer and once I can find enough funding I am going to expand my company into two more fields.

Fourth: Don't be a bitch. Life sucks, don't stop yourself just because others do. Most people limit themselves because they think something is "impossible". There are tons of people who have proven that this mindset is retarded (Look at famous self-made people for examples and inspiration). I face a lot of issues almost every week (Some of it really troublesome "I want to shoot myself" type issues, but I don't stop because of that.

Fifth, feel free to PM me if you have questions, I can only give so much advise but I will gladly do so to help someone.

Madelite, Oct 18, 2016 IP
  13. Trevor Grogitsky

Trevor Grogitsky Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you again for another great and helpful post. I am a member on warrior forums, I will join the other right now. I have read a few free Ebooks, my problem has been finding them for free. I know not to pay and waste money on a Ebook, that will 99.9% of the time not work. I won't be giving up, as I don't want to be doing anything else honestly, this is my goal and I will achieve it I have so many years and so much time I can dedicate. I grew up in a "hard" situation IMO, I wont be a bitch, I don't let what people say get to me, like the guy who started off posting on here. I stay focused on my task and I am patient and am willing to give it my all.

I will shoot you a PM if I have any questions, are you fairly familiar with SEO? That has been what I have been looking into recently.

14. Madelite

Madelite Banned

Best Answers:
    Well you definitely seem to have the right attitude. Yeah, only issue with WF is that a lot of people there pretend to be some type of "guru" and sell of their shitty e-books, courses and such.

For e-books and such I can always recommend BHW download section, there are some real nuggets there. Personally it's the site that actually properly taught me how white hat SEO works.

I am fairly familiar with SEO, however I don't use guides or anything, it's simply easy to do the basics with just common sense (Thinking from how a potential consumer thinks). Thankfully I worked as a telemarketer a few years ago, the sales education from there adapted well into the SEO field. However I don't do much in-depth SEO as I am now in the freelancer field, the only thing people care about there is reputation/reviews/service, so no SEO necessary.

Madelite, Oct 18, 2016 IP
  15. Aravision74

Aravision74 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I learned about SEO by watching Alex Becker's Source wave videos. A lot of information in there and not too much pitch.
    It depends on the type of SEO you want to do but with my brother we are looking into getting mentored by Hung Le. He has an excellent video on YouTube about setting up a funnel to get online clients. See . It is much more important to set up a client acquisition funnel that can create predictable income than trying to learn how to fullfill everything yourself. When the money comes in you can outsource the work to be done to Fiverr and elance.
    Hope this gets you going
    André Amsing

Aravision74, Oct 19, 2016 IP