1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Receiving hundreds of unwanted, fake followers

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Will Leedham, Sep 3, 2015.

My company twitter profile is receiving about 100 unwanted, fake new followers per day. They all have similar profile pictures and descriptions offering cheap followers/YouTube views etc. I have been blocking these accounts but they are coming in too fast for that to be practical in the long term.

Does anyone know why this might be happening, or if there is anything I can do about it?

Will Leedham, Sep 3, 2015 IP
  2. aafable

aafable Active Member

Best Answers:
    For the most part, you can try and put your account on private so that people need to ask permission in order for them to follow you. Second, I would alert twitter themselves and ask them why this is happening. With your case, I'm pretty sure they'll help you out.

aafable, Sep 25, 2015 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    When people buy fake followers it works like this
    • fake accounts are created
    • fake accounts like a number of other accounts in an attempt to "look natural"
    • fake accounts like your account
    • fake accounts like a number of other accounts in an attempt to "look natural"
    It's possible that your account has, for some reason, been identified as one that helps the "look natural" process.

Rather than blocking the accounts, try reporting them

sarahk, Sep 25, 2015 IP
  4. HaRdHouse

HaRdHouse Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The competition wants your business down. Contact twitter team

HaRdHouse, Oct 1, 2015 IP