1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Receiving Donations Anonymously

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by CountryBoy, Jul 9, 2011.

I currently have a blog where the content is a bit risque - nothing immoral or illegal, but one where I wouldn't want the target of my jokes to find out my identity.

It's a pretty popular blog with a wide following and many regulars coming back every day. As it has been established for more than 2 years and has undoubtedly provided a source of entertainment to my readers, I am thinking of monetising it using some sort of donate button.

Ideally I'd like some third-party site to accept donations on my behalf, which I could then cash out to my PayPal account. By using an intermediary people wouldn't see my PayPal account details directly, thereby protecting my personal details.

Does anyone know of any reputable services like this? Something that will accept payments on my behalf, which I can then withdraw to PayPal?

(Edit: I originally posted this elsewhere with little response, so I'm hoping some of the more learned members here with have some suggestions)

CountryBoy, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  2. Mike.Pandey

Mike.Pandey Peon

Best Answers:
    hi.. i have Volunteered with CRY in india and they got a special PAYMENT GATEWAY from LOCAL bank for exactly same ..if u expect to receive large amount regularly like 5-6k .u too can try with ur bank.

cheers:)

Mike.Pandey, Jul 11, 2011 IP
  3. CountryBoy

CountryBoy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, this is related so no point starting a new thread: If you accept donations via Moneybookers can the person making payment see your personal details (other than email address)? Do they see a postal address?

CountryBoy, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  4. globegenius

globegenius Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello. If you look in PayPal you can actually build a donation button. Deposits go directly into PayPal. I have a business account and have made a donation widget for a site.

globegenius, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  5. CountryBoy

Best Answers:
    Yes, I spotted that. Making a PayPal donation button is not the issue - it's how to do it anonymously.

CountryBoy, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  6. CoolDude105

CoolDude105 Member

Best Answers:
    Make a business acct on paypal so they can't see your name?

CoolDude105, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  7. CountryBoy

Best Answers:
    Is that the only way? I don't consider myself to have a business really.
    And Moneybookers?

CountryBoy, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  8. StaceyTaylor

StaceyTaylor Peon

Best Answers:
    You don't have to have a business license per se, but you can use the business acct with Pay Pal. I just upgraded from personal to business and there is an option to enter a DBA (doing business as) name. There is also the option to add 8 or so email addresses for use with the service so I set up 3 for various business, or at least ecommerce avenues where PayPal needs to show different entities. I have not made a transaction or received payment just yet since upgrading so I can't say 100% certainty that your private info isn't shown, however while testing the s2member plugin for Wordpress setting up the PayPal info, the sample page did not show my personal info, just the DBA. With the business option, you have more roam to use various payment methods - some free, others not - so you might find what you're looking for.

Google Checkout may be an option too if you've not already looked into it.

StaceyTaylor, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  9. Poline

Poline Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How many people really do send donations? May be should try that?

Poline, Aug 21, 2011 IP
  10. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Yes,if your traffic is good and if you put donation buttons,then you can get sometimes donations by visitors visiting your site:)

Card, Aug 21, 2011 IP
  11. Chrisz@AlertPay

Chrisz@AlertPay Peon

Best Answers:
    If you were using a AlertPay Business account you could be completely anonymous from your donators (all they would see is your email address). What type of content are you hosting/providing for your viewers? Because that may be the biggest hurdle in finding a payment processor to work with.

ChriZ
    Online Community Support

Chrisz@AlertPay, Aug 22, 2011 IP
  12. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Umm, you seem to missing the most important part about the word anonymous.

completely anonymous ≠ they would see your email address

browntwn, Aug 22, 2011 IP
  13. Chrisz@AlertPay

Chrisz@AlertPay Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Browntwn,

An email address is necessary in case the person sending money needs to get in contact with the merchant for whatever reason.
    An email address can be practically anything a user desires and therefore is pretty anonymous.

ChriZ

Chrisz@AlertPay, Aug 23, 2011 IP
  14. xenon121

xenon121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes i agree on that point. you do make email address anonymous.

xenon121, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  15. RuthB

RuthB Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can receive payments directly to just an email address with Paxum. Personal or business account, it doesn't matter. With a Paxum account you also get a prepaid Paxum Mastercard and that can be used to fund your Paypal account.

Payments from Site >>> Paxum Checking (instantly delivered) - no fees to receive money (we have an API/IPN available)

Paxum Checking >>> Paxum Mastercard (instantly delivered) - 25 cents to transfer from checking to mastercard

Paxum Mastercard >>> Paypal (instantly delivered) - $1 for POS payment

Or you can simply withdraw your funds as cash (via ATM or purchases instore/online) if you prefer, we have a $2,500 USD daily withdrawal limit for the Paxum Mastercard.

Get access to your cash quickly and inexpensively, and retain your privacy with Paxum. I'd be happy to provide you with more information if you're interested, or you can signup for free at our secure website. We have no signup fees and no monthly maintenance fees.

Thanks in advance! :)

RuthB, Aug 24, 2011 IP