1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Really tired of what's going on to google !

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by f_mehmood1982, Jan 28, 2009.

Hi Guys,
    I am the webmaster of the following website

www.twistysdownload.com

suddenly my site lost all it's ranking in google search.It's results shows no where in google on first 100 pages but when i go for site:twistysdownload.com in google it shows Results 1 - 10 of about 9,040

My site came back for 3~4 days and then gone again and then appears again for 3~4 days and then gone again.This is happening for the last whole month really don't know what is going on ?

Please help me out guys i really need your perfect advise to settle this problem.

f_mehmood1982, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  2. kkkrisss

kkkrisss Peon

Best Answers:
    Could be poor hosting. Check your uptime.

kkkrisss, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  3. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried checking your rankings on different google data centers or through a proxy server? Sometimes rankings jumping around like that is a sign of a potential big move down or up in the rankings. When you do your Google you could be accessing different data centers every few days.

I quickly checked out your website and noticed that 2 popup ads were blocked. Plus there was another floating popup. This is a sign of a spammy website. To keep Google's trust you should stay as spam-free as possible. It's not worth milking an extra 5 cents per visitor if it makes your website look spammy to Google. You should also make a point of including more unique content on each blogpost.

vansterdam, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  4. andrewwise

andrewwise Peon

Best Answers:
    Stop using blackhat and spammy linking techniques like directories, etc. and you may be able to recover your PR.

Also, make sure not to use services like text-link-ads as they have a negative effect on PR as well

andrewwise, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  5. Dating_Site_Maker

Dating_Site_Maker Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd lose the popups and the float. And linkswap with relevant sites. I'd also put some content in your page. It looks like there is a lot of images. And.. You may want to see how fast your page is loading. It loaded slowly for me. Google's bot is sensitive to pages that load slow and will not completely crawl a slow loading page. Check your site in Lynx also. Its a text browser. It is how google's bot sees your site. If theres no real content, theres no need for pr in googles mind. Good Luck!

Dating_Site_Maker, Jan 28, 2009 IP