1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Really high boost in traffic

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by wckd, Jan 11, 2011.

I don't know if this is the right section for this or not. If it isnt then I am sorry.

The 4th of this month i had a huge boost in traffic. Granted I don't do much with the site. It gets like 5 uv a day. (no promotion - no work 5 months). Well on the 4th I hit over 400 in the single day. Tracked it back to another site. Assuming they ripped my content for their own site. But each was a uv. So I don't understand it. Anyway someone once told me that certain methods of traffic gathering will get you booted from adsense. Would that be something I should be concerned with since the big boost all of a sudden? Just went over my awstats. This traffic was back in december as well. Says they are links from external sites. I don't know. Anyone?

wckd, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  2. ezgoing123

ezgoing123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Were there any clicks associated with that traffic or was it just unique visitors? It could be somebody mentioned your site in a blog or on Facebook and curious people came to look at your site.

However if there were a large number of clicks associated with it I would notify Google, asking them to look into it. Then if there is a problem they would know that you were not the source of the problem since your reported it to them.

ezgoing123, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  3. wckd

wckd Active Member

Best Answers:
    No there were no clicks. My site is a wallpaper site. The traffic all came from another wallpaper site. The 4th is when the traffic hit. But the next day there was non.

wckd, Jan 12, 2011 IP