1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Really Appreciate Your Feedback - Ecom Clothing Site/Brand

Discussion in 'Websites' started by GamesPond, Aug 25, 2016.

Hi there everyone.

I recently took over an ecommerce website https://www.skullsy.com and have made a LOT of changes.

1. I've taken down all the old products which were drop shipped from china. They were mainly skull inspired jewelry, clothing and accessories. I didn't mind the products that were on there because a lot of the products are pretty cool - BUT what really turned me off was the shipping times. 30 -45 days on some items and everything was shipped from different suppliers and it just seemed very messy to me.
    2. Started designing tshirts, hoodies, hats, bags and will be doing other accessories all branded with the Skullsy brand name.
    3. Made changes to the home pages and product pages to try and increase conversions.
    4. Whole new approach - was skull inspired clothings, art and accessories NOW it's all skullsy branded streetwear.

Would love your feedback and if you have any advice on how to increase conversions that would be amazing. I have made some sales but it's early days.

If you find any errors or problems please let me know.
    Cheers and thank you!

GamesPond, Aug 25, 2016 IP
  2. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    My only suggestion is that you should have a live link on your free shipping worldwide offer. You should explain to buyers there or on the home page that they are responsible for any duty or taxes charged by their Customs authorities.

In most cases there won't be any, but you should cover yourself to avoid bad feedback.

You have certainly made a good move by scrapping the dropship from China products. That currently "hot" business model is already leaving a lot of newbies very disappointed. If you want to buy small quantities of inventory direct from genuine manufacturers, you might like to see my thread
    Ask Me Anything About Product Sourcing and Importing for some help on that subject.

Walter Hay

Importexport, Sep 3, 2016 IP
  3. GamesPond

GamesPond Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your feedback Walter. Really appreciate it and will definitely add a live link on the free shipping offer.
    Will have a read over your thread.

Thanks again!

GamesPond, Sep 3, 2016 IP
    Importexport likes this.