1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Real Estate related question....

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by NewComputer, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I have seen a few real estate websites on my journeys through this forum. You may not know it, but I am licensed realtor up here in the great white north, as well as a mobile equipment instructor. I am designing a website for the training of agents before they actually write the real estate exam. I am curious whether I should submit to the search engines or link from other websites? Is there a certain process to submitting? I am creating the home page and letting people know it is under construction and then I will build it out after that. Will search engines look down on one page websites that are under construction? This will be a great little site for me I hope, but I do not want to market it at all ($$$$) and would prefer that all traffic comes from the web initially. Not because of the cost, I just want to experiment a little, see how well it can do.

NewComputer, May 31, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Your best bet is to use links. The ability to get into a search engine (especially Google) is questionable if there are no links to it (even if you manually submit it).

digitalpoint, May 31, 2004 IP
  3. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Whenever you're ready - (and **only** when you have your 1 or 2 page site complete), and if you don't mind wearing a small badge on your homepage, go visit relmaxtop.com

Carrying a link in their Real estate directory (free) will typically earn you a couple of PR 5's and a six at least. More than enough to get you 'discovered' by Google. One more point. Get yourself in DMoz, AND (important) spend $30-$40 and buy a link in IRED.com - it's what some refer to as authoritative, and can make a healthy difference :)

And remember - internal linkage is important. Even name/anchor tags to jump around within the same page.

All I can say is Real Estate is VERY competitive. You want to highly optimize your pages (perhaps try SEO-Guy.com and follow his tutorial - it's detailed and sees results) if you're even going to rank. :)

Cheers, and good luck.

john_loch, May 31, 2004 IP
  4. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    compar, May 31, 2004 IP
  5. BigEasy

BigEasy Peon

Best Answers:
    I have read that not only quality of content but quantity of content plays a part in SERPs so having a few pages about local information or anything that would be useful to your users could be very helpful.

BigEasy, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  6. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Might of been helpful 10 months ago, when this thread was started... :rolleyes:

fryman, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  7. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The balance between content, links and navigation is very important. When you want to rank for let's say " San Diego Real Estate " it is good to have links coming in from San Diego sites and world wide real estate sites as well.
    That means you will be validated for real estate as well as importance in your local area.
    When those links are being supported by quality content, you will move up, no question about it.

Blogmaster, Mar 22, 2005 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.