1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reaching out to the folks who really understand sound and who might also be electricians :)

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by khachai44, Jun 16, 2017.

We have a pretty solid sound system at my church but I think the electrical work in our room is not so great. Our worship room is an older part of the church built in the 70's. The sound system was installed a few years before I started working there but with the issues we're having I have a feeling that the electrical work in the room HAS to be the original wiring.

I can't plug in a tube amp on the stage and run it anything but clean without there being an obnoxiously loud buzz. Even the clean channel has a buzz, though it is slightly less obnoxious. I can take the same amp into another room in the church or in another building all together, crank the gain and play metal riffs and only deal with a small amount of hiss that comes from a cranked high gain amp. I've experienced this with multiple amps loa array. If I run any drive on the amp or from pedals in our worship room I have to use a noise gate. I also use a Furman power conditioner for the guitar amps.
    http://amthanhthudo.com/loa-line-array
    I've also noticed that just plugging things into outlets on the stage can cause a buzz at times on the stage as well. I can plug in something to an outlet that isn't even plugged into the sound system and there can be a buzz.

I know next to nothing about electrical work but it seems like we've maybe got a grounding issue? We may need all new electrical work in that room.

I guess my question is - anyone else meet in an older building and deal with similar issues? If so, what do you do? I hope all of this is making sense.

Thanks everyone!

khachai44, Jun 16, 2017 IP