1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Re-Using Disabled Keyword

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by kdobson99, Aug 8, 2004.

As you can see from a previous post, I have had a keyword that does quite will disabled when it was getting good CTR. I have tried to make a new campaign with this keyword again to no avail. It simply never gets running on the network. I have deleted all campaigns on which this keyword previously ran. Even though they are deleted, I know they are still in the adwords database. I have tried "" and [] and everything else. Has anyone had any luck at re-using a disabled keyword?

kdobson99, Aug 8, 2004 IP
  2. duncan pollock

duncan pollock Peon

Best Answers:
    There's a lot of trial and error in AdWords and there's no easy answer -- let alone any quick fix -- when a keyword gets disabled. Even so, I don't get any impression that "once disabled, disabled for ever." I think you just have to try a reworded ad and give it a try in a new campaign.
    The one fact that you and I are powerless against is the people searching for things on Google. If they aren't giving us the minimum CTR, we simply have to accept reality and keep after them until -- it's to be fervently hoped! -- we create an AdWord box that catches their fancy. And sometimes we need to use the keyword search tools to see how many searches are actually made for the particular keyword and whether there's an alternative that has higher figures.
    Most of all, though, I'm satisfied that Google isn't out to get us!

Duncan ;)

duncan pollock, Aug 8, 2004 IP