1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Re: PayPal Users in India

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by reban, Jul 15, 2014.

Hi,

Are PayPal users in India facing any issue while receiving payments? I am a PayPal user in India and one of my client is unable to send the payment. He is getting the message that "PayPal is not able to complete personal payments to account holders in India at this time." Please reply if you have any solution.

Thanks

reban, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  2. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    as per rbi clarifications

online payment processors can be used to transact only for business purposes, for all other purposes, normal banking channels should be used

also, you must bring all your foreign funds to india and the remit using normal channels

thats why

you cannot send personal payments
    all your funds are withdrawn daily to your bank account and if you want to send funds, you need to use normal banking channels, i.e creditcard to make payment

hope this clarifies it a bit.

competent123, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  3. needtruehelp

needtruehelp Member

Best Answers:
    Personal Payments are stopped by PayPal after RBI Policy.... PayPal needs to comply many numerous formalities to do so, hence they backed off. Now only Business Transactions are allowed in PayPal, and funds to be cleared on same day auto to your bank Account.

Use Skrill or 2Checkout. Use xoom if only you need to get the Payment.

needtruehelp, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  4. SSC

SSC Active Member

Best Answers:
    If your client and you both are in India, then I don't see any point in using PayPal. Just use NEFT. You will most likely get the funds transferred to your bank account within same day. Not only this, unlike PayPal, you won't be paying any currency conversion fees to your bank (INR to INR =0)

I have noticed this a while back, and blogged about this. Just in case you want more information, feel free to check:
    Is-PayPal-any-good-for-Indian-Merchants

SSC, Jul 16, 2014 IP