1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Re: Online payment options......

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by NewComputer, Jun 7, 2004.

1. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, should be the folks reading this thread. I hope we're not the only ones here. Are we?
    Anyway, keep me/us posted about things go with you and ikobo. :)

daemeh, Oct 19, 2004 IP
  2. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    Ok, one of my clients is going to be using HSBC banks online payment system. They charge £50 start up, £20 a month and 2.9% of every transaction. My clients motives for choosing this service were that they will be totally secure, they are the biggest bank in the World and will be well renowned, there is no need to register to pay, the usability of the payment is good and the customer support is fantastic.

I'll post here later to let you know how he gets on with it :)

Weirfire, Nov 26, 2004 IP
  3. werebear

werebear Guest

Best Answers:
    In the UK worldpay is popular I have used them for a year now.
    Most online shopping software packages integrate well with it.

werebear, Nov 27, 2004 IP
  4. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the forum werebear :)

Weirfire, Nov 27, 2004 IP
  5. werebear

werebear Guest

Best Answers:
    Well thanks for the warm welcome :D

werebear, Nov 27, 2004 IP
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    We have a merchant account and use ViaKlix though Elan. It is extremely flexible, and customizable. It is supported in OG, and we use it with several other vendors as well. Best of all it does not cost us anything, like a lot of the other payment gateways!

Mia, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  7. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    What do you mean it doesnt cost you anything? There's no monthly or start up costs? Do you not still have to pay a charge per transaction? There must be some continuous costs?

Weirfire, Nov 29, 2004 IP
  8. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    Usually something like this, which sounds too good to be true, usually is. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a service that didn't charge anything, but let's get serious. Ten again, who knows, I though ikobo was good enough when I found it, but this seems to be even better. :p Could you give us more details about this charity merchant account? :rolleyes:

daemeh, Nov 29, 2004 IP
  9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Nope. NO charges. Let me be a bit more specific. Sure, our merchant account has the usual % fees , but there is no ongoing fee for the processing gateway. So it is not like we have to have a merchant account, and then a 3rd party payment gateway from some rip off company charging $50/mo, plus God knows what else.

What I mean is our merchant "Elan" in this case, has the gateway. So since we already pay Elan for our merchant account, there really is no cost for the gateway.

Mia, Nov 29, 2004 IP
  10. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    Neither does Paypal, Fastpay, Ikobo

But there are features to these which stops them being as usefull as the ones where you have to pay a setup or monthly fee for. Such as Paypals limited use worldwide, fastpay doesnt send data back to the server.

Whereas HSBC, you dont have to sign up, you can use it anywhere in the World and you won't lose as many sales through it due to poor usability features.

11. Fishing Forum

Fishing Forum Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to jump in - are you using them and how easy is the gatway intergration

Fishing Forum, Nov 29, 2004 IP
  12. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    I'm in the process of setting it up with them.

My client will be paying £50 start up and £20 a month and 2.9% per transaction. I've been very impressed with their set up so far. I'll come back here in 2 months when it's been going a while. :) I'll let you know which ones the customers picked as well because I'm going to offer several methods of payment. :)

13. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I guess I am not being clear enough.. My bank/merchant account through ELAN has the payment gateway facility already in place, so there is no need to get a 3rd party payment system/gateway. Since we already had the merchant account, adding the online payment system was a breeze and cost nothing..

Now if you do not have a merchant account already, I suppose it is a different story. Either way, the functionality is pretty much endless. I have not found a single thing we cannot do with ViaKlix.

Mia, Nov 29, 2004 IP
  14. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    I got you now :)

Are there not more security issues though with the way you have done it? Do ViaKlix take full responsibility for any fraud etc?

I know a guy that has set up his own SSL certificates and got a merchant account via the bank and he gets at least 2 fraudsters a week.

Weirfire, Nov 30, 2004 IP
  15. WilliamC

WilliamC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If that is all he gets then he should consider himself a very lucky man.

WilliamC, Nov 30, 2004 IP
  16. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    Really? Do you get many?

That is the main reason putting me off setting it up myself. I don't mind paying 2.9% per transaction for the peace of mind :)

17. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, I also pay 2.99 per transaction and so far no frauds have reached me. I suppose they've been spotted by the verification process, some complain is too strict, at ikobo. Eh well, complain all they want, if that's what it takes to be safe then I'm ok with it.

daemeh, Nov 30, 2004 IP
  18. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    Yes but you're not using a merchant acount, you are using a payment service provider (thanks TOPS). We're talking about frauds for people that have set up their own merchant account with their bank and have installed all the SSL certificates on their own server. :)

19. daemeh

daemeh Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I thought so, but since worldpay was mentioned I thought I'd give my input as well since it's also an online service like ikobo, although a lot more expensive but with better services. :D

daemeh, Nov 30, 2004 IP
  20. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    I reckon the payment service providers will get their fair share of fraudsters but they dont let you know about it. It's like the banks. There's probably loads of thefts every year but if the banks publicised this then no-one would bank with them so they keep it under wraps ;)