1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

re: Making money from Adsense on Video sites

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by jgjg, May 8, 2007.

1. Deano

Deano Sail away with me.

Best Answers:
    I don't want to take any sides on this but Youtube makes their embedded code freely available. To get this code you don't need to sign any forms or check any boxes! Even when I join a forum I check boxes. It therefore seems that the copyright must stay with youtube.

Deano, May 8, 2007 IP
  2. FanAddict

FanAddict Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So what? Does that make it OK? No.
    If ONE person reported him to youtube or adsense for infringing on copyright claims.... that's all you need.

I meant that in conjunction with adsense, yes you are taking responsibility of what content you put on your site.

FanAddict, May 8, 2007 IP
  3. Deano

Deano Sail away with me.

Best Answers:
    I did make a site with videos, with the intent of putting adsense on it. I read lots of posts about copyright/adsense and decided that it wasn't worth any future hassle. That's just me though, good luck to anyone who decides to go for it, and good luck to those who decide to go down different avenues :)

Deano, May 8, 2007 IP
  4. jon2k6

jon2k6 Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeh content you have on your server, the content YouTube embeds are not your responsiblity or the copyright issues of them.

If for example... you put a gambling video from YouTube on a page and Adsense with that then yeh it is your responsibility and is going against Adsense TOS as it is in relation to gambling.

But if a video is copyrighted, that is an issue to be taken up with YouTube, you do not take on any responsibility of it, it's YouTube's soley.

Also I very much doubt Shoemoney would do it if it was against TOS.

jon2k6, May 8, 2007 IP
  5. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i did not suggest anybody to use adsense code on video sites. i have some friends which are banned because of their video sites

trichnosis, May 8, 2007 IP
  6. jon2k6

jon2k6 Guest

Best Answers:
    What I have isn't a video site, it just has some videos on it.

I've seen massive sites and not so massive sites do it as well as Adsense experts and up till now have heard people say it's fine so I'll take my chances.

jon2k6, May 8, 2007 IP
  7. miguel19

miguel19 Peon

Best Answers:
    I see many sites that has adsense and embedded youtube videos..

miguel19, May 8, 2007 IP
  8. danimal

danimal Active Member

Best Answers:
    that is complete rubbish... ask yourself why google does not put adsense on pages with embedded video.

they don't care if people are stupid enough to break copyright laws, because it's not their butt on the line, it's yours.

we just went through this in another thread, read all of the relevant tos info:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=301511&page=9

danimal, May 8, 2007 IP
    FanAddict likes this.
  9. joshbond

joshbond Peon

Best Answers:
    there are thousands of spammy sites that are plastered with adds and have youtube vids on them.
    Not to mention all the blogger blogs that have adsnese on them and also have embedded google/youtube vids on them.

joshbond, May 8, 2007 IP
  10. jon2k6

jon2k6 Guest

Best Answers:
    danimal you are an idiot. I checked that thread and it was made perfectly clear Adsense do allow it:

I quote again!

If it is live on YouTube they consider it not to be copyrighted. Also if YouTube are informed of a copyright video they take it down, so if something is copyrighted and removed it simply wont work on the page, therefore you are not violating the TOS.

You were proved wrong in that thread and everyone agreed it was fine BUT you, so everyone BUT you is wrong? no, you and fanaddict are both wrong but can't admit it.

Bye, idiot, i'll listen to Google and not a bigot, cretin like you.

jon2k6, May 9, 2007 IP
    nickflame likes this.
  11. nickflame

nickflame Peon

Best Answers:
    The best post so far.rep added, cleared up some things for me.

nickflame, May 9, 2007 IP
  12. danimal

danimal Active Member

Best Answers:
    lol... that claim was made by somebody in romania... only a complete idiot would trust his adsense account to garbage that he read on the 'net.

funny how you didn't tell us what adsense told me in that thread:

"it appears to me that google is turning a blind eye towards this youtube scraping, but i asked adsense support anyway... after a week of email exchanges:

Q: "...i want to put adsense
    on the same pages as embedded video clips from youtube, metacafe,
    break.com, google video, etc...what is google's specific policy on this issue? video is no longer listed in the adsense tos."

A: "...Unfortunately what you wish to do is not allowed under our policies.
    Publishers may not display Google ads on web pages with MP3, Video, News
    Groups, and Image Results or other copyrighted material for which they are
    not the copyright owner or for which they have not received permission
    from the copyright owner to publish.

Please note that it is our policy to respond to notices of alleged
    infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
    For AdSense publishers, if we receive a notice or otherwise have reason to
    believe that your site is infringing, we may terminate your participation
    in the program. More information about our DMCA process is available here
    http://www.google.com/adsense_dmca.html."

danimal, May 9, 2007 IP
  13. danimal

danimal Active Member

Best Answers:
    there are thousands of scammers who have had their adsense accounts banned by google.

and that's not even relevant to the obvious copyright violations that youtube scrapers are guilty of.

the riaa sued a bunch of mp3 downloaders for breaking copyright laws, and right now viacom has sued google for youtube copyright violations... when will the youtube scrapers start getting sued in federal court?

how come none of you geniuses can tell us why google isn't putting adsense on youtube pages with embedded videos?

danimal, May 9, 2007 IP
  14. jon2k6

jon2k6 Guest

Best Answers:
    Because they get sponsored and don't need it you moron.

Well to be honest, his reply looks far more believable than yours, I think you just wrote that yourself to try give yourself some credibility.

Huge Adsense monsters such as Shoemoney do it and he checks everything so I doubt he would risk his grands a month / day just for that.

Your just a bigot and can't admit when you're wrong.

jon2k6, May 9, 2007 IP
  15. FanAddict

FanAddict Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Actually that reply:

Is 99% to the one I got.

Anyways, I emailed them again right after I read this thread, i'm sure I will receive the same thing back again.

jon2k6:
    If you think you are SO right and you know what your doing, why not give us your URL so we can try it out? IF you know what your doing is 100% by the adsense TOS you would have no problem giving it to me.

FanAddict, May 9, 2007 IP
  16. nickflame

nickflame Peon

Best Answers:
    If you think that you do not break the tos in anyway why don t you make public your url so that we can check it?

This is just stupid to ask for an url, there are a lot of other reasons why webmasters do not want to share their url.

nickflame, May 9, 2007 IP
  17. FanAddict

FanAddict Notable Member

Best Answers:

Well he seems to know what he's doing... so if he's not doing anything wrong... He could easily PM me it. Yet he keeps hiding it, because he knows.

He thinks he knows what he's doing yet, he has no knowledge it seems of basic TOS of both youtube and adsense.

Even when people have replied and said what they know, he just keeps disregarding it, yet where is his experience? I don't see anything...

When I post the reply from adsense tomorrow, he will probably say the exact thing "you just made that up" :rolleyes:

I don't care if jon2k6 believes what im saying or not, he'll get caught someday and learn himself. I just don't like it when people come in here on DP and spew out crap knowledge when they can't even read TOS's correctly! Then call people who KNOW what they're talking about liars!

FanAddict, May 9, 2007 IP
  18. nuttaphong

nuttaphong Peon

Best Answers:
    Well i done 1 web site but i don't put ads because earning not much

nuttaphong, May 9, 2007 IP
  19. 50KAMONTH

50KAMONTH Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not saying it's right or wrong because, I'm not sure, but these 2 sites started before Christmas 2006 and are doing OK.

watchgoodvideos.com (pr3) and the videosense.com (pr4)

Each site requests you add videos from anywhere including YouTube and Google, then they add Adsense to each page your video is on and if someone clicks you split the revenue 50/50 with them.

I added some and get the odd click but you really need a lot to make any real cash. With 500 videos, you might make about $2 - $3 a day???

Neil

50KAMONTH, May 9, 2007 IP
  20. shutzu

shutzu Active Member

Best Answers:
    isn't it called commercial when you're selling something? using adsense on a video site you're not selling anything. Google is responsable for ads and you tube for videos. so... if a video is breaking copyright then youtube will delete it, also from your site, and if youtube doesn't delete it, then Google is guilty for selling something on your site. so.. anyhow.. you're a winner, or.. anyway.. you have nothing to lose.

shutzu, May 9, 2007 IP