1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

RE: AWS S3 Using php sdk

Discussion in 'PHP' started by shubham473, Jan 23, 2016.

Hello Everyone,

I am using AWS EC2 server for hosting my website all the dynamic data for my site are stored over there but in order to increase speed of my website I want to store all my static data(images, js, videos) over AWS S3 bucket. I know how to push data in s3 using PHP SDK one by one, but for this project I need to push 13500 images from Shopify CDN to s3 and as that can not be handled manually I am looking for some PHP code that can handle this for me but even after spending long time I did get any solution for this so I am here for your help, all my images link has been stored in a CSV file which can be used for downloading the images from the Shopify CDN ,

Thanks
    shubham

shubham473, Jan 23, 2016 IP
  2. infinsite

infinsite Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would suggest not going for PHP scripts. You can set max execution time and curl/read/output timeouts in PHP, but it's risky and prone to fail which that amount of uploads.

Instead Python has quite a few read-to-go libraries, which out of the box don't require you to set anything else:
    http://www.laurentluce.com/posts/upload-and-download-files-tofrom-amazon-s3-using-pythondjango/

infinsite, Feb 15, 2016 IP
  3. shubham473

shubham473 Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for your response, but i am done with that ;)

shubham473, Feb 15, 2016 IP