1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

RBI GOVERNOR SENT ME A MSG FOR PAYMENT........LOL...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sikandar786, Jul 22, 2014.

FIRST I READ I WAS HAPPY......:eek: THEN I CHECKED ONLINE...THEN I WAS :mad:

[​IMG]

Sikandar786, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  2. Sikandar786

Sikandar786 Banned

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

Sikandar786, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You know, at first I used to assume that these things must work for a certain very small percentage of the millions of spam email that they send. However, these days, I am thinking that the actual spammer was the victim of someone selling him this spamming system and that is where the money is being made these days in the world of spam. Slick operators convincing a newbie spammer looking to make a quick buck to buy his email list, email sending solution, etc., to strike it rich. I find it hard to believe that anyone gets taken in by these types of emails any more?

jrbiz, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You are probably right, however we have occasional cases that make our newspapers of people who are intelligent enough and sensible enough to have accrued enormous savings who then send hundreds of thousands of dollars. It's beyond belief, but it happens.

sarahk, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I suppose that what the founder of my university said still applies over 100 years later:

"There's a sucker born every minute." P.T. Barnum

jrbiz, Jul 22, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Just recently some old lady here in FL sent something like 20k to a spammer. She fell for one of those: "deposit 25k to your bank and keep 5k for yourself".

qwikad.com, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  7. ladymacbeth9

ladymacbeth9 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, it's difficult to believe that people are buying into things like this today. Oddly, these are not older people who are all buying into this. Many of them are 25 and 30 and looking for a quick buck. A combination of greed and no common sense compels it. Look at the phishing emails that are still working as an example. I think that part of the reason is that companies actively play into and promote the reasons people click links in phishing emails and still buy into these scams. I wrote some articles about email and online safety, telling people how to recognize a phishing email and that no common sense company would send them an email with links in it. Less than a week later a very large bank got breached. They sent out emails to all of their members with links in them to click to go and change their password. When I called the bank to verify it, they admitted that it was their email and it was real. Not long after that a large credit card company did the same thing. When big companies with solid security and multi-million dolllar theft prevention teams are still doing stupid things, they are helping to encourage the kind of behavior and mentality that gets people ripped off. The standards by which companies operate are not standard by any stretch of the imagination and people tend to believe that if one company offers a legitimate link then all companies do so and they happily click away at anything that looks remotely legitimate.

ladymacbeth9, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  8. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would have to say that people that click links in emails that were not requested are morons..

"your paypal was limited, click here to correct"
    (ignored)

"your bank owes you $2,500"
    Click here to login and veryfiy...
    (its a miracle, I dont even use that bank...)

"The govt owes you $5k due to mistake"
    Click here to file your refund request...
    (really, I just sent off my $6k tax bill yesterday)

Its not common sense, its just stupidity...
    delete all emails containing any type of financial links, period....
    delete everything else just for being spam...
    never click on email links unless you know it was a request for info.
    99.99% of my emails are just never opened, period...
    and the ones that are, I know it was a request for something...

dscurlock, Jul 23, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  9. ladymacbeth9

ladymacbeth9 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL I would have to agree with that assessment, sadly, they are still doing it and still losing money and it's one of the reasons that we have so much legislation and litigation aimed at the internet today. which is of course another rant for another day.

ladymacbeth9, Jul 23, 2014 IP