1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rate your Web Hosting Company

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by joeychgo, Jun 2, 2005.

Rate your Web Host

We are trying to put together a directory of web hosts and list comments regarding the host.

Got a good host?

Been with a not so good host?

List them and your experience here: VBW Web Host Ratings

Please send others you might know here as well - I want to really put together a good list of recommendations here.

Thank you all.

joeychgo, Jun 2, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I added Handsonwebhosting - is that what we're meant to do? I've been using them for about a year, they're as good as the other 3 companies I use, maybe even better!

Sarah

sarahk, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  3. NetMidWest

NetMidWest Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, great, another directory full of 302 redirects, aimed at hosting companies. And even better, anyone can input any host, you don't have to own the site to get linked here!

Joey... for my entire industry, I must say:

...................../´¯/)
    ...................,/ ¯./
    ................../..../
    ............/´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........./'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    .......('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
    ........\.................'..../
    .........''...\.......... _.·´
    ...........\..............(
    .............\.............\....

NetMidWest, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  4. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Something tells me you arent going to get a good review :cool:

yfs1, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  5. NetMidWest

NetMidWest Peon

Best Answers:
    Most are likely his own affiliate links.

Interesting when you look who submitted...
    page-zone.com: anthonycea

and the link number: I=1

sarahk's submit was I=14

and there are 7 links listed, the highest: I=15

NetMidWest, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  6. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I have to say I didn't look at it before now but it just looks like a directory of the owners hyping their own hosting. I don't see a single review there.

This is the path most of these follow. Every owner posts their own site. I'm sure they are unbiased :rolleyes:

yfs1, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  7. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Im hoping people will post reviews of the various hosts they have used and give others some feedback so people have someplace to look for what others think about the hosts instead of just asking WHOS A GOOD HOST.

This isnt an advertisement for hosting companies, this is for the end user. I dont care if a hosting company wants to list themselves, but my goal is to get people commenting on their experiences with hosts.

Geeze, I even got bad rep for this thread and netmidwest is flipping me the bird. What is it with you people lately? Im trying to create a resource for people and made the mistake of asking for your help. What the hell was I thinking.

Oh and by the way netmidwest, you should LOOK before opening your friggin mouth. I validate every link manually and there are no affilliate links.

This place is really starting to turn into a bunch of idiots.

joeychgo, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  8. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Again let me tell you that the asshole that left the middle finger is exactly that, an asshole, I got one for you too asshole, FUCK YOU!!!!

Joey is putting together a great resource for VB hosts, I would bet that you are just burning in envy as you view it as competition for your own sorry directory.

Hey buddy, KISS MY ASS, you should be banned for making a insulting post like that.

yfs1 also comes in with his normal full of shit, lack of knowledge but filled with words response, same for you yfs1.

Stick your padded reputation where the Sun does not shine man, you are worthless.

anthonycea, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  9. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:

Did you add a review or two? WHY DONT YOU?

I love people who like to piss n moan about what they themselves dont bother to do.

joeychgo, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  10. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Screw him, I would not take anything that he gives as a recommendation, that guy is a jerk.

The idiot that says I did not review the site I submitted is a certified fool, I can show a thread where the owner who is also a VB forum owner discussed in detail his ability to host VB forums.

NatMidwest, you are a true certified idiot like no other member has ever been here.

11. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    1) This looks for customers, not hosts. The link is usless unless you have performed your job and a review gets you a click. Are you affraid you may not get a good review? That is the only reason I can see you caring to be honest.

2) Your entire industry can only benefit from reviews weeding out lousy hosts and hosts that are college kids looking for summer pocket money.

We need a good watchdog for your so called industry.

noppid, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  12. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Some people just link to complain I guess - God forbid they offer anything meaningful or constructive.

joeychgo, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  13. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Joey you need to clear something up here, this was a directory for VB hosts only or at least that is what is was supposed to be when started.

What is the direction now, it it going to be for any host, if so, that is bad in my opinion and all submissions are to be reviewed before final insertion, correct :confused:

14. noppid

Best Answers:
    Well, I think he went off because the link was of no value to him unless he got a good review to get a click. He was free link hunting apparently.

This is a great idea you have. There are alot of folks that need a sounding board to report poor service.

The good hosts deserve priase when they perform well and if a customer is so satisfied that they take the time to post and review a host, that review should be of good value.

However, you may need to setup some verification process.

As we all know there are sites that post things as "featured" that when reviewed are really not worth the time to click the link. You don't want to dilute the quality of the reviews by allowing arbitrary posts.

noppid, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  15. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    there is a verification process - I manually validate every link. The real value will come from users posting their experiences.

joeychgo, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  16. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    That does not answer the above Joey :confused:

17. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Is it just for VB hosts?

Crazy_Rob, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  18. Colleen

Colleen Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I have the impression that it's for any type of host, just a general host review site, I didn't get the impression that it's only for vBulletin hosts, since Joey didn't specify.

Colleen, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  19. noppid

Best Answers:
    I personally think that is a bad idea. I would never put my forum with a host that specializes in forums. They can't make any money unless they load up the server IMO.

However, that's not to say my opinion is correct in all cases. I just think the field should be open.

noppid, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  20. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    That is what it started out to be, a VB host directory and that is the focus of the portal over there, we will have to wait for his answer, it is long in coming as you see. :eek: