1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rate/Review Website Design

Discussion in 'Design' started by freezee, Apr 5, 2013.

Evening everyone,

I have a gaming forum that I am heavily invested in, Spent hours and hours making it to what I believe looks good. I want your review and input on what you think. If you think it's pretty legit then just like this status, no post is needed.

www.enixorigin.com

Thanks!

freezee, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Digs up broken record...

Inaccessible fixed width layout, inaccessible fixed metric (px) fonts, illegible color contrasts on several sections, massive space wasting banner crap... so from a design point of view, it's inaccessible rubbish that pretty much the ENTIRE layout needs to be thrown in the trash.

Under the hood, typical turdpress crap - endless pointless scripting for nothing of actual value, multiple stylesheets for just one (incomplete) media target, static style inlined in the markup, pointless META and LINK nothing ACTUALLY uses, endless pointless DIV, classes and ID's for no reason, Definition list abuse, gibberish numbered heading use (Thanks HTML 5 for pissing away accessibility and semantic coding in the name of... accessibility and semantics?!?), use of SPAN like it was a FONT tag, even more pointless inlined presentation... hardly a surprise then to see 60k of markup for a page with only 10k of plaintext and a dozen content images; anywhere from 3 to 4 times as much code as should have been neccessary on such a simple layout!

Even worse is the pain of waiting for the blasted thing to load -- hardly a surprise given that it comes to a whopping 2.6 MEGABYTES in 117 files -- FOR WHAT?!? (stupid pointless scripting, pointless images or lack of leveraging image recombination/css sprites, etc, etc)

Seriously, if you end up with 549k of CSS in 17 stylesheets, it's TRASH. Horrifyingly bad trash... Much less the MEGABYTE of javascript in 28 files. WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT.

Throw it out, start over... Nothing worth even trying to salvage from it. You spent too much time on trying to make it look 'good' (it doesn't) without thinking about making it actually USEFUL.

deathshadow, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  3. Brett Booker

Brett Booker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Design looks good but alot of the links to the other pages have no content on them.

Brett Booker, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  4. ThinkBright

ThinkBright Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your site design is pretty good, I want to give some advise

I wonder why you have screenshots in the content instead of making it a slider. Another thing is your content should be split in parts and for each part, there should be read more button underneath it.

ThinkBright, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  5. Mehwish Naqvi

Mehwish Naqvi Member

Best Answers:

From Your Given link, 1st of all its not a FORUM, its a wordpress site.

Mehwish Naqvi, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  6. arif26

arif26 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's A Good Looking Website But It's Too Long Page you Should Have To Sort It :)

arif26, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  7. mikehussy

mikehussy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I visited your website which is very good.

mikehussy, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  8. Deceneu

Deceneu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The post titles should be in text mode, not images, this will help you when it comes to Google. The design looks pretty awesome, great job.

Deceneu, Apr 8, 2013 IP