1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rate my template?

Discussion in 'Design' started by dirkdunn, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Bashir Naimy

Bashir Naimy Member

Best Answers:
    It does not really stand out in any shape of form really, its just one of those templates that come out of the factory line.
    Try mixing Things up and create something unique, right now there is nothing unique or anything that stands out

I would just ditch this template, and start With a wireframe, and work on that until Your happy With a layout
    Then do design

Bashir Naimy, Jan 4, 2015 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    and it's not really a design until you can show what the inner pages are going to look like.

You do yourself no favours by calling out well respected members as trolls - just because @COBOLdinosaur's site hasn't had a design update since '99 doesn't mean that he's ignorant about what makes design good. If he's anything like me he can code up a storm but design isn't necessarily what he's good at creating.

sarahk, Jan 4, 2015 IP
  3. Pigeon Yoga

Pigeon Yoga Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like the minimality and the paralax. What sort of site do you intend it for? If you tell me that, I can probably give you more specific feedback.

Pigeon Yoga, Jan 4, 2015 IP
  4. Hania ziya

Hania ziya Banned

Best Answers:
    nice but it's looking too simple i think you have to need more changes

Hania ziya, Feb 15, 2015 IP
  5. SocialSignals

SocialSignals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My problem is that it feels too much symetrical. And it's not planned for further usage in mind. Rather than think of how it looks, one should have the idea of where the eyes will be, where the focal point of interest will lay, in which part of the screen is the user going to pass more time?
    The middle of the screen would benefit from the big image and transparent layers, not the top. The top disappears as soon as you scroll. I like the idea behind the moving background (mistakenly refered here as paralax), I would have no problem with it if it didn't sort of scratch my retina. Something needs to be healthy first IMO.

SocialSignals, Jun 3, 2015 IP