1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rape fades to Normality

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dominic, Jul 24, 2004.

We have released a new story about a homeless person at:
    www.homeless.org.au/people/melissa.htm

If you would like to help spread the word and help raise awareness, send a blank email to:

melissa at homeless dot org dot au

You will get an autoreply which you can forward to your friends and family:

Melissa's Story - 'Rape fades to normality.'

Melissa has been treated like a toilet all her life, as a child, as a teenage girl and now as a woman she has been raped sometimes daily by whatever male wants to use her.

Read her story: http://www.homeless.org.au/people/melissa.htm

Forward this message: Please forward this message to your friends and family to help raise awareness and funds.

Make a donation: Please make a sacrifice this week and make a donation to Rebeccas Community, to support our ongoing work with homeless people.

Thanks for your support,

Dominic Mapstone
    Director
    Rebeccas Community
    Phone: 02 9749 4555
    Mobile: 0419 433 584
    www.homeless.org.au

Dominic, Jul 24, 2004 IP
  2. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    Hi Dominic,
    I think what you are doing is great. What I'm wondering is why the $47 minimum on donations?! I'd love to give to your cause, but I can't afford $47. Wouldn't it be better to let the donater donate what they can?

ViciousSummer, Jul 24, 2004 IP
  3. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks ViciousSummer, the $47 button was from another promotion I hadn't changed the buttons back, I just grabbed the old page and cut and paste out of it.

:) Now the amount is open again.

Dominic, Jul 24, 2004 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    We have a homeless woman living at the beach only 500 metres from my house. I respect her choice and I know that there are many people who will have tried to help her. "Social Welfare" in New Zealand, while not fabulously funded, provides a better safety net than other western countries.

I fear for her, right now as it's winter, and generally because I'm sure any solo homeless woman must fall victim to that type of predatory behaviour.

What you are doing in trying raise awareness and help is fantastic.

Sarah

sarahk, Jul 25, 2004 IP
  5. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure you say hello to her when you see her - this makes a big difference if you just acknowledge someone's presence when you see them.

She would have acquired blankets and so on to keep warm - but your right, she would be a target.

- thanks for the encouragement :)

Dominic, Jul 27, 2004 IP