1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ranking not Moving

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by degreubiwa, Oct 29, 2016.

One of my website was hit by Algo penalty last year, I cleaned up backlinks and submitted disavow file in July 2016 though the rankings didn't improved. Then I did 50 blog commenting backlinks in September 2016 and still its not ranking.

What could I do to rank my website back and the reason behind still Google not ranking it?

degreubiwa, Oct 29, 2016 IP
  2. Sanju Joseph

Sanju Joseph Member

Best Answers:
    Blog commenting can also be considered as a spammy activity. For now, don't focus of ranking with backlinks, instead focus on providing quality content. SEO is all about making things look natural and trust me, 50 blog comments all of a sudden doesn't look natural at all.

Sanju Joseph, Oct 30, 2016 IP
  3. ninjappi

ninjappi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you need to DO your On page Optimization good. Basically Keyword Research and and Content. Hope you did best rank for your website.

ninjappi, Oct 31, 2016 IP
  4. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
    I was ranking #1 on Google 2 years back with same content and its a static website. I think Google is not willing to lift the Algo penalty after submitting the disavow file in July 2016.

degreubiwa, Nov 1, 2016 IP
  5. GearedUpGeek

GearedUpGeek Peon

Best Answers:
    I was reading this SEO article the other day. I think it will help you :)
    Check it out http://marketinghangout.co/u/564/dfy-campaign-gives-away-free-traffic-secrets-course-and-redirects-to-traffic-zombie
    Good luck and happy trafficking ... okay saying happy trafficking like that just sounded wrong... happy...hunting? ... I will figure it out.

GearedUpGeek, Nov 1, 2016 IP
  6. thegr4

thegr4 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need good quality back links for your website rather than replying in comments posts in a blog. Find your actual backlinks using a backlink counter tool (like http://webseo.gdn/backlink-checker) and do natural SEO, for example using twitter, facebook page, your own blog etc..

thegr4, Nov 1, 2016 IP
  7. Slipworth

Slipworth Peon

Best Answers:
    Titles that are simply collections of keywords in bizarre order can get you to the top of the search results. However, they also tend to keep people from clicking your listing. It's hard, but try to strike a balance between search engines and humans to get the best results.

Slipworth, Nov 3, 2016 IP
  8. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
    2 Websites with around 10 - 14 unique domain backlinks are ranking on 2nd and 3rd spot. While my website has around 120 old aged quality backlinks from niche blog posts yet Google is not lifting algo penalty. There are around 450 bad backlinks which I tried to remove and disavow the rest. I think better to let the domain expire for the website and move to fresh domain?
    Content will get de-indexed when google see Parked webpage on domain after its expiry?

degreubiwa, Nov 3, 2016 IP
  9. thegr4

thegr4 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It could be that the domain previously had a bad reputation on google like frequent web changes, copied content on that domain, spamming etc.. So google is not trusting that domain any more regardless of the back links. Check if your domain is black listed at google using: http://webseo.gdn/seo_analyzer/
    It is also not just the back links its the quality of back links. Some back links are automatically considered as spam by google, like posting your link in certain blog as comments which google penalises instead of ranking your site more. So be sure not to use certain Fiverr offers and auto back links maker tools which submit your link to thousands of sites in a single click.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    thegr4, Nov 12, 2016 IP
  10. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    I think it is very essential that you work on websites with good page rank associated to your niche.

Dario McNut, Nov 13, 2016 IP
  11. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
    Want to update that I think penalty is lifted now and website is ranking back on Top 20 of Google. A little backlinks in coming month and it will rank top 3 again. Want to give more time as Google devalue more bad links from disavow file and ranking can move higher naturally.

degreubiwa, Nov 14, 2016 IP
  12. trader4life

trader4life Active Member

Best Answers:
    What is your niche? Maybe it is very competitive? You should go with less competition keywords

trader4life, Nov 17, 2016 IP
  13. Lamorld

Lamorld Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The search engines look at the unique content in somewhat of the same way, and they will give a good ranking to the page because they feel it’s valuable to what the person who searched for the information is actually looking for.

Lamorld, Nov 17, 2016 IP