1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ranking in Allinurl

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by nadlay, Jul 9, 2004.

Are there any guidleines, ideas, thoughts, whatever, on how ranking with the Allinurl results is performed.

For example, would

abcwebdevelopments.com

rank higher than

abc-web-developments.com

and would

abc-web-developments.com/web-developments.html

rank even higher still.

nadlay, Jul 9, 2004 IP
  2. North Carolina SEO

North Carolina SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have not performed extensive research on this but, first glance seems to show that:

• abc-web-developments.com would rank higher than abcwebdevelopments.com
    • abc-web-developments.com/web-developments.html would rank higher than abcwebdevelopments.com
    • I don't see a clear example whether abc-web-developments.com would rank higher than abc-web-developments.com/web-developments.html or not but, I would tend to believe it would (pure guess)

These general results seem to be true for both Google and Yahoo! at this point in time.

BTW, why the specific interest in result order for allinurl: ? :confused:

North Carolina SEO, Jul 9, 2004 IP
  3. nadlay

nadlay Guest

Best Answers:
    That was my feeling also, but I was hoping someone might have done some detail testing and could provide some informed guidance.

Why interested?

Well, I was just thinking that Google wouldn't provide a tool unless they felt it brought relevant results to the users of that tool.

AND, if the tool could provide relevant analysis of relevance to a search term, then that relevance analysis probably forms some part of their ranking algorithim - obviously no-one knows how much importance would be attributed to it, and whether it's worth bothering about, but I suppose in the fight to get to the top of the SERPs, every little bit helps.

nadlay, Jul 9, 2004 IP