1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ranking going backward instead of getting better

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by MyLibary, Nov 11, 2013.

Hi guys!
    I have website with the following history:

1- I started with SEO company, they took me to the second page, for a few days i was on the first page.
    2- I stopped work with them, then i went backward without even notice i came to the 26th page! (after 1.5 month's) (crazy!)

I have over 15 high quality content written posted in high pr and average DA blogs that i got in the last 15 days, but i still do not see any improvement.
    I can see website even without any single Backlinks that pass me.

The question is am i doing something wrong? will i see any improvement, and if i do how much its actually take?

I have checked, the site is working well and at Google Webmaster tool i dont find any erros.

MyLibary, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  2. MonsterMMORPG

MonsterMMORPG Member

Best Answers:
    well i dont know are there any useful seo company at the moment or not

but my suggestion for you would be

compose only backlinks that will be reviewed by real humans and will bring you real referral traffic

MonsterMMORPG, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  3. naveenjosh

naveenjosh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here i would like to share something with you. Hope it help you to understand the situation. Initially when you started with SEO company, they started working and created back-links for your website (hope they share your the work report) and coz of those back-links your keywords started ranking in Google 1st page. Here Google observed that a website started now and few of the websites(say users) started linking them (by giving link back to website) and it ranked you just after you stopped SEO and a regular back-link creation activity stopped. Here google understood that a website came and users started linking and suddenly stooped linking where the website is running good without any issue, It means that may be a bug/spam when users linked that website. And finally your ranking dropped at there initial position.

Now you again started creating back-links for your website. But i don't think that will help soon. Your website may get ranked well if any regular/quality activity will be done for. Create good links for your website on regular basis. Now it will take time in ranking again.

Hope it helps.
    Naveen

naveenjosh, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  4. MyLibary

MyLibary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds interesting and i hope its right.
    Thanks for your time guys!

MyLibary, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  5. lesterj

lesterj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There's not really a lot of info to go on, but a drop like that, from first page to 26th, sounds either like a penalty or like links have been removed. I don't know what the SEO company did for you, but if they purchased links, when you cancelled the service, they would have removed those links and you would lose all the benefit you were getting from them. That's OK, though, because purchased links would probably have hurt you in the long run anyway from a penalty. The other possibility is that the SEO company was building links which violate Google's guidelines. It was working for a while, but at a certain point Google caught on or someone reported you and you've been penalized, either manually or with the algorithm. In that case, it is just odd timing that it happened right when you cancelled...unless it was the SEO company itself that reported you. I suppose it's also possible that, if you have duplicate content on your site, Google just bumped you back for that.

All this is mere speculation, though, since I have no idea what the SEO company did, whether you've been penalized, what your link structure looks like, or pretty much anything else.

My recommendation would be to start by checking Google Webmaster Tools to see if you have a manual penalty. If you do, you need to work to get that removed. If not, then check to see if you have duplicate content on your site (you may already know this). If so, you need to replace it with original content. If not, then do an analysis of your link profile to see if there are any issues there. During all of this, keep producing quality, original content on your own site and connect with others through social media to build an audience so you have some positive movement with your site.

One other thing I thought of is the possibility that the SEO company removed any optimization they did to your site. So, you may want to check the on-page optimization of your site as well.

lesterj, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  6. MyLibary

Best Answers:
    I checked inner pages settings, also webmaster tool and i dont find any errors.
    The company might removed the links but i got around 15 new high quality content articles each one has around 500 words.

I also know for sure my content is 100% unique.

The major questions is, i start to build the links 2 weeks ago when i was at page 26.
    Most of the pages indexed.

Is that take more time so it will actually affect my rank?

MyLibary, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  7. lesterj

lesterj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Moving up in the search engines usually does take some time, especially when it comes to link building.

When you say that you have 15 high quality content articles, do you mean you posted 15 articles on your website or on someone else's website? Can you explain more about where these articles are, how you got them posted, and what links (and link text) are on them?

Thanks.

lesterj, Nov 14, 2013 IP
  8. dumitrumidon

dumitrumidon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, i would like to know this too. Where do you have the quality content articles?

dumitrumidon, Nov 14, 2013 IP
  9. anupam sharma

anupam sharma Member

Best Answers:
    You will be ranked high just go on craeting links and do seo with quality links and the thing you said that your site went down because of penguine update all your spam links deleted and suddenly the sites with good quality links came above you and you went down when your links will be more than the above of you,will be on top again...

anupam sharma, Nov 17, 2013 IP
  10. MyLibary

Best Answers:
    The articles over blogs online and not in my site.
    In my site there is also well written content for the products descriptions.

MyLibary, Nov 27, 2013 IP
  11. cartoonbabyboy

cartoonbabyboy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah this happens to me too, it's normal. Usually when I start building backlinks, my site would rank high and then suddenly drops in ranking, sometimes even gets penalised, however I keep building the links and soon my website is back to where it was.

cartoonbabyboy, Nov 27, 2013 IP