1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ranking Experiment

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by digitalpoint, May 6, 2005.

1. maha

maha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think we all should be a bit concerned... One day you're #2, next day you're banned?! Will Google be next?

maha, Jun 22, 2005 IP
  2. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    There's no need for any concern.

You can be #1 one day and gone the next with or without the coop.

GuyFromChicago, Jun 22, 2005 IP
  3. maha

maha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not in my experience. My sites (I manage 9) when they reach top 10, they stay top 10.

We'll wait a few more days and see.

maha, Jun 22, 2005 IP
  4. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    The your expeience is unique. I've never interacted with anyone who has claimed that after they get to page 1 they are there for good. I've had some longstanding page 1's in all three major engines but would never claim that I'll be page 1 tomorrow. I hope I will but you never know until you wake up and start checking those serps. Depends on your target phrases I suppose...

That point aside, Yahoo/MSN are not penalizing the coop.

GuyFromChicago, Jun 22, 2005 IP
  5. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Maken fun of my spelling abilities r u?
    It seems some had the smarts to figure it out.
    Of course there are no promises in serps...they own you, you don't own them. I admin to 40+ sites and totally agree with maha
    Although my sites aren't banned they ARE not in the top 500.:(

Now that I am starting to see sites with Adsense in Yahoo SERPS, I can draw the conclusion that Yahoo has some type of link threshold in place. It appears to me that link churning IS being penalized by Yahoo. I am now conducting my own experiment. I have removed all DP weight from my main site. I will watch serps at Y to see if I can bounce back:confused:. The site in questioon has been in the top 10 for years under 1 very competitive keyword. At the same time I will watch Google for any decline in SERPs.

Homer, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  6. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The site that this experiment is running on has very little on-page SEO. I wonder if that is why it dropped. Another reason it could have dropped is the content has not been updated for some time now.

Web Gazelle, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  7. maha

maha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Homer,

Let us know if removing all the DP weight makes any difference in your Yahoo SERP and if your Google rankings change. I am also very curious if all this have to do with the link churning of co-op.

- Maha

maha, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  8. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    If/ when there is movement with Y and G, either way I will post it here FYI :).

Homer, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  9. kalius

kalius Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as you make it funny and interesting. Also add some conspiracy teories and a LV is better rant. Extra points if you do all of them in one sentece.

kalius, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  10. nddb

nddb Peon

Best Answers:
    maha, and all,

This dropping is frightening. I am seeing backlinks and indexed pages evaporating from MSN, serps still good, but is it link churn? Do we just wait and see, I guess there's no way to really know except to sit and watch eh?

nddb, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  11. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    It's your call, but I'm seeing it to at MSN now, serps seem OK for now.:confused:

Homer, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  12. maha

maha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Obviously both MSN & Yahoo have penalized the "charity" site for something? We just don't know what? I am hoping is not because of the co-op... Most of my sites have disappeared completely from Yahoo.

maha, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  13. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can't say MSN has penalized anything just yet. It's only been a couple of days. MSN rankings flucuate too much to draw any early conclusions.

Yahoo, on the other hand, is just retarded.

Infiniterb, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  14. gford

gford Peon

Best Answers:
    gford, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  15. Web Gazelle

Best Answers:
    I am seeing drops in the rankings for a site that I am running the co-op on. I am not positive that it is the co-op that is doing it but it very well could be.

Web Gazelle, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  16. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    Doubtful. Dropping serp placement is not the same as being "penalized".

GuyFromChicago, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  17. Web Gazelle

Best Answers:
    My opion is the charity site dropped because there is very little on-page optimization. The home page is a flash intro with the only reference to charity in the title tag. I know MSN likes on-page optimization and fresh content. For the fun of it... :eek: AHH! MSN hates the co-op! I better remove it from all my sites!:eek:

Web Gazelle, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  18. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    LOL.

They have certainly proven that their technicians are NO match for Google. Google seems to get the big picture while Yahoo seems very focussed on one thing...REGARDLESS of how it may effect serps :rolleyes:. I thought the end goal for ANY se was to provide relevant serps for the user:confused:.

Yahoo has started firing the big guns with their eyes closed, innocent civilians are being killed. I am laying flat out DEAD TO THE WORLD at Y:confused:. 3 solid weeks of 0% referrers from Yahoo...for what?? There is only 1 thing I do that has been the great debate at DP and the reason for this thread. If I was noticing this on one site only my thoughts may be different, but I'm seeing in on quite a few:( .

Homer, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  19. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    just face it ... we are all running around in circles and yahoo is laughing it's a** off. i don't think anyone knows just yet the reasons, but i don't think yanking a site out will fix anything either ... be careful homer, it might kill your g results too.

i have sites on yahoo still while i have lost some, i don't think it's coop. i think it's more along what web gazelle is saying ... that P.O.S. charity deserves the bit bucket ... not page #1. a junky site + link churning doesn't deserve #1 on any se, as much as we all wish it was that easy. but ... it could be the reason too ... and as sites are found churing they will be scrapped. who knows ... time will tell.

but why do you all care anyways? this is an ad network, remember?

ps ... all you LV bashers are just kissing butt as usual. every system has a purpose ... why can't you take things for what they are worth? bash static links all you want ... other systems know there isn't a long term future in churning and are making efforts to address it ... you don't kow what you are talking about by saying it has no effect.

my static links are killing my churned links right now on google anways .. my serps are good and while it took a month ... the phone is ringing nicely. that's all the proof i need.

skattabrain, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  20. Web Gazelle

Best Answers:
    For those of you who didn't catch it, there was some sarcasm at the end of my last post. I don't think the co-op network is the reason for the shifting in MSN. Anyway thanks for the bad rep whoever gave it to me. :rolleyes:

Web Gazelle, Jun 27, 2005 IP
    nddb likes this.